Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gas leaking out of the top of the front driver side injector. I think the o-ring may be bad.

There is an o-ring in there to seal it..right?

Is there any way to get the driver side fuel rails off without taking off the upper intake?

·
4,494 Posts
If you have one leaking injector, and assuming these have more than 60 or 70K miles on them, they are all questionable. A set of seals is not worth the expense. Buy a full set of Injectors, which includes the seals. PAW sell Ford Motorsport sets for about $135 and these are avaliable in Stock or higher pressures.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I think a set of o-ring seals is like $8-10 top and bottom for all eight injectors.

Looking at it I think you might be able get the rails (both) up enough to slip them off the injectors.

I agree that if you are paying sombody else to do the work, replace the injectors. But since our labor is "free"....

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think they are the original injectors...the box of misc. parts I got with the kit has an extra set that look worse. The ones in the engine were pretty clean looking.

I'll start with the o-rings (since I'm not looking to spend $135 right now) and see if it stops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts