Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to install a Lakewood bellhousing on a T5? I am not looking at racing, just wanted to feel a little more safe. Any hints or suggestions please.

Scott

·
Senior Charter Member
474 Posts
You need to modify the trans tunnel aluminum for the Lakewood to fit. The McLeod, which is the maker of the Ford Racing bellhousing fits without an aluminum mod. You do need to cut the bottom inch or two (betwen the two lowest bolt holes) of the McLeod because it is lower than the 4" frame rails.

·
541 Posts
"...cut the bottom inch or two..." or take the route I did: leave it long, it'll fold over on it's own if you thrash it hard enough!

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
You'll need the Lakewood 15202 for the T-5. The Mcleod is less costly and fits both the T-5 and Tremec 3550 or TKO. I sell it for $259.00 and have them in stock. Please call me at (781) 273-9900 if you need one.
Thanks,
Mike Forte
Forte's Parts Connection
376R Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mike,

I'm looking at the Richmond 6 speed for my build, and it requires the Lakewood 15202 (or equivalent)... do you know if that McLeod will fit on the Richmond?

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: Debo ]

·
Senior Charter Member
474 Posts
I'll get it measured tomorrow. I'll try to get a diameter measurment. The centerline of the rear axle is the only point of reference that I can think of, so I'll use that unless someone has a better idea.

·
Senior Charter Member
580 Posts
Mike
I have a FMS(Mclead) bellhousing for the safety factor. I hear that I my have a problem with my 351W/3550 combo. In the fact that the driveshaft is to short to work correctly with a standard 8.8 rearend but It's OK with a IRS 8.8.Is there any truth in this set up? If so I will move my engine 2" Forward.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
The lakewood is a POS. I have dealt with that product a few times and it sucks. Get the McLoed it is a much better part. Check with Mike about the compatibility of the Richmond and the McLoed. JUST MY OPINION. Cheers Richard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts