Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone lives/vacations up there I'm sure you've heard about the speed limits they are trying to impose on the lake...Voting on the issue is on-going.

Residents want 45 mph day, 25 mph night. They say the high speed boats are ruining the weekends for the residents.

So watch out for the lake-wake police....

It's gonna piss off alot of the big power boats on the lake. Formulas, BB Cigaretts, Donzis etc...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Senior Charter Member
190 Posts
'Would piss me off..............

Steve

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
hey thats a good idea. I live down here on the Cape where its boaters paradise. They need some speed limits close to the shore. Alcohol and big horsepower on the water is not a good mix.

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
The Fourth of July weekend is usually a bad one for boat accidents. Some people seem to lose touch with reality as soon they cast off. I've seen guys drink all day and half the night and think they're OK to drive because "it's only a boat & there's lots of open water". Let's pray that the boaters & jet skiers stay safe.

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts
I've got mixed emotions on a portion of this issue. The drinking and boating is not up for discussion. Do it and I hope they throw you in jail before you hurt someone.

If I'm somehow paying fees or taxes to be on the lake, I want to be able to enjoy it in my way so long as it's legal. If I'm a resident and you've got an open header drag boat blasting around out there at 10:00, you're ruining my enjoyment of a beautiful, quiet evening on the lake.
Maybe a decibal limit makes more sense. I don't care how fast you go so long as I don't have to hear it.
In the words of the immortal Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
FFCobra Fanatic
708 Posts
Years ago when, I was a Homicide Investigator with the Florida Marine Patrol, the coastal counties started creating various speed limit zones as part of a manatee protection plan.

We were doing a public awarness thing trying to let people know about the new laws. I had this one guy stopped and I was explaining the zones. He looks at me and says, "Speed zones? Great, what's next? Big floating doughnut bill boards for you guys to hide your boats behind?"

I still think it's one of the funniest things anyone has ever said to me at work!

Dana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts