Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been too cold to work much in the garage so I'm doing stuff that can be done in my Roadster Dungeon. A little here and there its still moving forward even if its not what I want to be doing. Does this look like it will work ok?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
That looks really nice. Although if those are screws, I'm guessing that getting to at least 2 of them is going to be tough with the body on.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks really nice. Although if those are screws, I'm guessing that getting to at least 2 of them is going to be tough with the body on.

Bruce
Yes those are 10/32 stainless 100 degree countersunk going into floating avaition style nutplates. The panel is just about the same radius as the hood opening so it will be usefull.

·
Charter Member
7,902 Posts
Looks good. Another option is to make the entire panel completely removable which is what I did. I put washers as spacers on the 3/4" upper tube, and notched the panel so it slipped in between the washers. Then I used rivnuts to attach it to the inboard foot box panel. I think I have a photo or link somewhere...

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255662

I also flipped the wiper motor around and hid it in the driver side footbox and wanted to make sure I had access to it, if I ever needed to R & R it.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like your wiper flip. Slick!
I've been putting off the wipers hoping to find a non cable option.

Looks good. Another option is to make the entire panel completely removable which is what I did. I put washers as spacers on the 3/4" upper tube, and notched the panel so it slipped in between the washers. Then I used rivnuts to attach it to the inboard foot box panel. I think I have a photo or link somewhere...

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255662

I also flipped the wiper motor around and hid it in the driver side footbox and wanted to make sure I had access to it, if I ever needed to R & R it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I put an access panel in similar to that and have used it many times. You can get to the windshield bolts and clutch cable if needed. I also put an extra fuse block in there for future upgrades. Time well spent in my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts