Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Still my favorite lift. No posts to ding doors on. Easily removable. Portable. Best lift in the world for detailing. Good height for creeper work. Very safe.

·
BLUBLUR
990 Posts
can u please let me know how this lift works out for you and your cobra. I have been wanting to get a lift for my Cobra but can't decide on one. I have a regular size 2-car garage and the 4 post ones I think would take up too much room.

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Philip:

I've all but decided I'm gonna get a Kwiklift, just haven't decided when!

·
Charter Member
1,050 Posts
I just ordered a kwik lift, he is going to drop it by my house on the way to the Charlotte Good guys show in a couple of weeks. I saw one at the Charlotte show last year and it seemed a good way to safely work on my car without the space concerns of a 4 poster. There is probably no safer lift out there.

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts

I really like mine. It gets the car a bit higher than standard jack stands. On a car this small, it can really save your back.

Any kind of suspension work is so much easier. Even something as simple as changing tires. I'd hate to be crawling around on the ground trying to do a front end alignment. I repalced all the brakes a couple of weeks ago. Let me tell you, it was a lot easier.

It does take up a bit of floor space. Something you need to work around.

I cannot pull the engine on the KwikLift. But it only takes me about 15-20 minutes to take it apart and move it out of the garage.

Also, it doesn't always work well with unibody cars. When I had my wife's '01 Cougar on it, I couldn't find jack points to rotate the tires. Had to do it the old fashioned way.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
I saw these at the Goodguys show in KC. They look pretty cool, very tempting. However, I think you can get a ProPark7 for about $500 more depending on options - and that gives you the option of lifting your car higher and doubling up your parking space.

Great concept, looks very safe and sturdy. If you can not afford a full 4 post lift or do not have the space or height for one, I think the kwiklift is a great alternative.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
I don't see the Kwik-Lift as a second choice to the four post, each have advantages. My favorite things about the Kwik-Lift are:
Safety
Very easy to get onto with very low clearance cars
Very nice to not have to work around posts or cross beams.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Mike, I did not mean that as they are inferior, each has some advantages, but the ProPark7 allows you to store a car under it - that is certainly its biggest advantage.

I believe both are safe - Yes the ProPark has more that can fail. Both are easy to drive up on.

ProPark costs a bit more, more complex, you always have posts there. As far as cross beams, not much difference, kwiklift has the cross tubes.

Note that I have neither but have been looking at them for a while trying to determine which is the best route for me.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
I love my Pro Park 7; very handy. It's taking some getting used to, walking under a car suspended above my head, but I really like it. They claim you don't have to anchor the posts to the floor, but I just didn't feel comfortable doing that, so 16 Redheads later, mine's solid as a rock. Between the lock stops and the cables, I can't imagine how it would be unsafe, so long as the car's in gear and the e-brake engaged.

Greg

·
Senior Charter Member
311 Posts
I have a Kwiklift. I think it's probably the best tool investment I've made. My garage is under the house, so headroom is an issue. I use it to service all my cars. Makes oil changes effortless. I keep it set up and park the Roadster on it.

George

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I have a small 2-car garage, but my ceiling is 11'.
For the price, I find my Pro-Park works best for me.
I have a friend with a Kwik-Lift and it's a well made piece of equipment. You still have to lay on the floor to work under the car though.
My feeling is that if you have the ceiling height, a 2/4 post lift is more useful, for not much more $$.

RR

·
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I just ordered it powder coated dark blue, with the second bridge.
I'm having it shipped to my friend's business address. They told me that they are selling them faster than they can make them and they have no inventory, so it will be three to four weeks. :( I'll let you all know what I think after I get it in the garage.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
That is cool Jim, I am sure you will be happy with it. The fact that both are very good products is what makes the decision hard - but the good part is their is really no wrong or bad choice. Everyone I have talked to loves the lift they chose.

·
BLUBLUR
990 Posts
OK, Im sold on the Kwiklift.
though car only has 1200 miles, I have been wanting to get under it for quick look-feel on everything but have been procrastinating primarily due to the effort it would take to lift the car with floor jack and stands and being in tremor capital of the US, there safety concerns involved as well.

Bob, come on buddy, get it now. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Philip:

She who controls the check book says not in the buget until after the new year! :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts