Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read a previous thread about kw coilovers and noticed they make a (HLS) hydraulic lift system that raises the car 45mm from inside the car. it works up to 50 mph and after that will automatically lower to the original position. this would be a great advantage on the front of a gtm. not sure of availability of this coilover for the proper length/spring rate for the gtm, or pricing. jchracer has come up with a cool way to gain clearance in front but it involved frame mods and cnc'd parts.(nice fab work dude!) i'm sure his system has more lift than this but the kw system could be a reasonable solution for front end clearance without major mods. anyone seen/used a system like this? $?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The RamliftPro is the system I am adding to my build. Simon has 1.25", 40mm and a 2.5" kits. His standard kit covers two wheels ($1768.00), but you can go all four. The rams need to be milled to fit the kits koni coil overs, but Jeff can take care of that for you.

·
1,481 Posts
If you are looking for more info about chassis set up, look on the new FFR Fourm under Chassis setup. Ted and I are working on some helpful suggestion with videos. We are in the final stages in completing a reasonably priced custom racing/street coil over shock package.
We already have done a lot of test and am impressed with the results.
If nothing else the video are fun to watch. If you can't find them look up LS man threads.

Happy Building, Ron

QuickRacingProducts.com

·
Registered
177 Posts
This is some really great stuff btw.:clapping5365: Cross weighting really helped my car. Also toe-in stuff. Waiting patiently for MORE! Coil over shock package and sway bar could be a game changer!:eclipsee_steering:
Thanks Ron and Ted!
...Ken

If you are looking for more info about chassis set up, look on the new FFR Fourm under Chassis setup. Ted and I are working on some helpful suggestion with videos. We are in the final stages in completing a reasonably priced custom racing/street coil over shock package.
We already have done a lot of test and am impressed with the results.
If nothing else the video are fun to watch. If you can't find them look up LS man threads.

Happy Building, Ron

QuickRacingProducts.com

·
1,481 Posts
Sorry it's taking so long. I had a little mishap with my engine. I had to pull it out. I spun a bearing so I decided to build up a LS3 376. The custom coil overs are ordered and we will post the results as soon as we get my car running again. Should be in the next few weeks.

Ron
QuickRacingProducts.com

·
Registered
177 Posts
I thought bearings were supposed to spin.:w00t: Seriously - Sorry to hear about trouble. Always something i guess. How did you 'break' it? Glad your are close to running again. Hope all goes well. Ken

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving this thread: Looking to grab a set of KW HLS dampers for the GTM Build I'm working on; we'll have them controlled by the MOTEC dash in the car based on vehicle speed, with a driver over-ride. I'm struggling to find proper specs, anyone have part numbers or specs?

Thanks
Neel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts