Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed Linwoods passenger side footbox and it went in perfectly! The drivers side footbox from factory five was much harder to install then Linwoods footbox. I had to use a rubber hammer to get it to fit right.

Other pictures of my footboxes. Pictures of foot boxes

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should be taking everything apart very soon for a trip to the powdercoater! I am going to go with a silver powdercoat on the frame I think. I plan on painting the car silver also so maybe I should powdercoat the frame a different color.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm sorry, but I have to ask this question. Why isn't anyone making a passenger footbox that's the same size as the drivers side? I haven't gotten to that stage of my build yet, and I'm guessing there's a reason for this that I can't see yet. I'm planning on running the J Pipes.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
I built it myself
641 Posts
Wow!!!! Tim, that's what I call a footbox. That thing is huge. I'm sure you'll have no complaints from passengers with that one. Great Job. Are you running a J pipe or 4X4 headers? Cheers, Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jeff,

The reason I chose the size I did for my foot box was flexibility in exhaust systems. If you make yourself a foot box similar to the drivers side the only exhaust system that will work is stock headers and "J" pipes. If you ever decide you want the easy 20 to 30 horse power 4 into 4's will give you, you will not have that option. Just make sure whatever you do includes a dropped floor, that and leaning the seats back are big comfort improvements.

Thanks
Linwood
ffmetal.com
703-550-2777

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Originally posted by SoCalCobra:
I'm sorry, but I have to ask this question. Why isn't anyone making a passenger footbox that's the same size as the drivers side?
You have to remember that the drivetrain (engine/tranny) is offset slightly towards the passenger side. That will affect the dimensions of the boxes. I have Linwood's box and although there maybe a slight bit of room for expansion, in my opinion, it's just fine the way it is. Easier to work on the engine and the leg room is sufficient. Remember this is a roadster, not a minivan. With that being said, the combination of Linwood's footbox along with the reclined seat kit from breeze makes the passenger more than comfortable in my car.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
I'm running 4X4's on my 351. No fit problems or heat with my footbox mod. On the MKII, I will have to limit the width by about 1" less due to the tranny tunnel diagonal tube that runs forward of the firewall but can go slightly longer in length. This is by far the best mod I made to the MKI in regards to passenger confort.

·
Super Moderator
29,556 Posts
Paul-

I expect to hear you say your frame is at the powdercoater by the next Hudson's Grill meeting in Feb

2FAST

·
Registered
934 Posts
Linwood and Dan,
Thanks for the explanations. I didn't even know the engine was set more on passenger side. Learn something everyday of the forum!

Thanks,
Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.