Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For working with me to find a fix for my lousy running ’88 302 with Speed Density EFI.
When he volunteered to help another forum member solve his EFI problem; I asked Chris if he would help me with mine. He immediately said Sure! Let’s get it fixed.
I had been going round and round with my engine for over three months. Throwing new parts at it and seeking the advice of both knowledgeable forum members and other gurus outside the forum. It kept missing on all cylinders and leaving the plugs wet with gas.
After he lead me through extensive troubleshooting procedures with no improvements, he said that we’d reached the diagnostic limits of the Speed Density system and he recommended that I convert to Mass Air. When I hesitated and said I was about ready to just go carb he said he’d loan me a used mass air conversion kit to see if that fixed it. He said even if it didn’t fix it we would at least have more diagnostic capability. He said if it led us to a fix, he’d either sell me the conversion kit or I could return it to him and go buy a new one. Well, you can’t beat a deal like that.
He sent the kit and it fixed the problem right off the bat like he figured it would. It’s running great!
Chris Richards is a businessman who’s developed the Mass-Flow EFI system, that, according to not only forum members, but also the general performance automotive trade press and enthusiasts, is considered the state of the art for its type of system.
He stood to gain nothing by helping me but the gratitude of a fellow forum member and spent a considerable amount of his after work time to do that.
I had heard other forum members sing his praises and with to add my voice to theirs. Chris Richards has earned our respect by both the system that he has designed and by the personal interest he has taken in assisting other forum members.
My Thanks to Chris Richards of Mass-Flow, Inc.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
He did exactly the same for me. I ended up buying the Mass-Flo from him since it's so darned beautiful and Chris was such a HUGE help troubleshooting the fugly Mustang EFI. Now I'm not embarrased to raise my hood.

[ November 28, 2005, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: Feddersen ]

·
Charter Member
3,431 Posts
Chris is surely an asset to the FFR user community. Lawrence thanks for your input.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Lawrence, doesn't suprise me. Chris is a great guy to do business with and has a track record of being extremely generous in helping others resolve EFI related issues.

A short while back I purchased a new Pro-M 80mm MAF from Chris (he is a PMAS distributor). I drove out to his shop based on a previously agreed upon price. When I arrived he sold it to me for $40 less than the original price he had quoted. He just told me that he thought this was a more competitive price! How often has that happened to you when doing business? Not! I second the kudos.

Thanks again Chris!

-Matt

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Yup, he is the best! I have never had anybody offer such great service and for that reason i will be buying a Chevy setup from him in the near future.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Nice to hear such great words about Chris. I have my Mass Flo system and it is a thing of beauty. I know I will be calling with some questions very shortly.

Mike O.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts