Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
After 18 months, I finally put her on the ground. Me and my buddy celebrated with a few 'daddy cokes' tonight. Because I choose to go with custom wheels, which took forever(18 wks), I skipped the traditional body off gocart. Ive been fully functionable for a while just didnt have any shoe's. Car goes to paint next week at the Hack Shack in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Special shout out to Richard and G Levy for their help on wheel measurements, even though they both new I was going another route besides their wheels. Very class act in my book. My wheels fit perfectly. I went with a Colorado Custom 17x 9 with 275 and 17x11 with 315. Backspacing worked out perfect. No overhang on outside, wheels are tucked in nicely within fenders. Thanks guys for your help. I worried about fitment from the time I ordered the wheels till the time I set the car on the ground this afternoon, all for naught.

Im attaching a couple of pics. My toe was way out of line so could not do anymore than the driveway and then park until I can take it for proper alignment. Video coming tomorrow, hopefully.

Its been a good day at my house tonight! Just thought I would share. You guys have helped me so much more than you know to get me to this point. Thanks,

Todd

Attachments

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
Congrats Todd, It looks great.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
BIG congrats my friend! Must be too cool.

I'm a couple months behind you (6 months in the Philippines killed my build plan :sad:)

More pictures and details! The wheels look great. Nice job!
What's in interior looking like?

How about a video?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Congrats! Wheels look fantastic. Exciting milestone.

Actually the MK4's in gel coat look almost good enough to just add stripes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mark- Keep at it you will make up your lost time soon. I only have a Iphone video and not sure how to upload yet. My toe is so bad out that I cant drive yet. Im hoping tomorrow afternoon to get a chance to bring the toe in and make a camber adjustment. I have installed the sound and heat barriers interior but held up on installing carpet upon the suggestion of painter. He thought I could potentially get fiber dust in carpet. Painter will set gaps and such with body on frame. When finished I will pick up chassis and bring back home to finish interior and loose ends.

Tad- you are right about the mk4 body. Its is pretty straight. From 20' away my car looks pretty good in low light. Thanks for the complement on the wheels. Im happy with them and they really look good in person.

Thanks again Gordon! Ive come a long way since installing your 5 link and have learned alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.