Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
791 Posts
I'd like to see this, I plan on going Vintage 17" knockoffs (they say they will be coming out with them) and I'd like the backup of carrying an emergency spare so your pics may give me ideas of how to do this. Jon

·
Senior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Until I get motivated to go from my 4 lug Cobra R wheels , to deep dish Halibrands, big job [$] with narrow rear etc. I put "knock offs" on my existing wheels and think they look pretty good, I would like to post an image, am having problems, will someone post for me ?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Jon K. I like your signature.

Hopefully it wont take me 7 years to finish my car. ;)

·
Senior Charter Member
1,270 Posts
Mike,

Send me your pic, I'll post it. You can also go to Photobucket.com and open a free account so you can post your images. Easy to use. Interesting idea on the knock offs also. I've been toying with the same notion since I've had the car (about 2 years) but never followed through. Very interested in how you did it.

David T.

·
Junior Charter Member
791 Posts
Mike, so you did "simulated" knockoffs then? Wish I could help you with posting, no website yet, I think I've used Luis's posting tool though w/o a website. Was it finishline that was making the halibrand inserts? which were like hubcaps that sat in the center of a plain rim and looked convincing unless you got close or tapped them (plastic). They were supposed to come out with aluminum ones.

nwellsv, thanks, I'm going back to school again now for my next degree, the first one took 8yrs., this one should only be 3, but much less beer, I think I've found a correlation!
I had to come up with something since I don't have a kit, just in the "collection" stage, got my IRS, SC spindles, frt. spindles and brakes so far, not enough for a good sig line yet. Jon

·
Senior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Board admin is blocking David's E mail, and I can't get photobucket to work, arn't there easier ways to post photos?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,270 Posts
Mike,

I took the block off. Send it on. To get Photobucket to work, go to the IMG block below the pic, copy the link displayed in the box and paste it into you post. There may be easier ways, but that's it worked for me.

·
Senior Charter Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you David, but to E mail images I will need to join Yahoo, I need to get this figured out myself. Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts