Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy today.
Should have kit by the end of next month. :D Only options other than the promos are wind wings and visors. Didn't finalize on which seats to get. I have never sat in any of the seats, so I'm looking for feedback from you. I'm 6'2,200. My back seems rather fussy, needing decent lumbar support. I do think I prefer the look of the seats that don't protrude out of the cockpit. :cool: But support, feel, adjustablilty, comfort are probably more important. Thanks to the "Brothers of the Build". Glen

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
You really need to sit in some and see. Any FFR folks around there would be happy to let you try theirs out.

I like the Street Performers a lot for comfort--6 hours in the saddle is pretty easy, and you have whiplash protection. But I'm only 5'10", one size does not fit all.

Besides type of seat, angle of incline (recline?) and pedal position are important to factor in, also. You can build it any way you want, so it might as well fit you right!

Forrest

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by FordManDan:
Coupe seats are called vintage racers. If you have a wide waist these seats may not be for you.
I have both coupe seats and a 38 inch waist and I find them very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I went with the Street Performer seats for the whiplash protection. They were a bit of a chore to fit them in straight but I have no regrets with the choice.

Charlie

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Glen, being 6'2" myself (255 lbs though), getting in and out of the car is a bit of a twister game to begin with. Throw in the street performers and you are in for a treat with you size frame. I have the classics and find that they are very comfortable. But then again, you are a packer fan and Bear fans are supposed to give you bad advice. Therefore, go with the street performers! :D Just kidding!

Seriously, the classics are very comfortable. It just depends on your intentions. If you plan to do some serious road racing, then the performers may be right for you. If you plan to just go cruising and funnin' around town, then I would strongly suggest the classics.

HTH

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
When you're driving on the street, and some moron in a Tahoe who's talking on his cell phone, eating a doughnut, drinking coffee and arguing with Rush on the radio smacks into your rear end while you innocently sit at a stoplight, you will be happy you got street performers with the higher headrest.

All the best,
Tag

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
I am 6'2 just under 200 as of a couple weeks now, I have the classic seats and love them.

I did put a little of an incline in them so they would sit better though.

T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.