Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the day.... ourr MKII found its home. After unpacking everything I noticed a sheet hanging from the front of the frame. under "customer" was a name that isnt mine. I think I may have gotten the wrong frame.

I know this frame is setup for 3link, but im just not sure 3link w/ coilovers requires different frame mods. If all 3 link is the same than im good to go.

If any of you have pics of a frame equipped for the 3 link coil over deluxe package, I would really like to see it.

thanks,

Nathan

[ June 27, 2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: nwellsv ]

·
Charter Member
114 Posts
I'd get on the line with Factory 5, 1st thing in the AM.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,595 Posts
What name was it?????

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frame# 3842

Customer: Cherekes

Type: 3-Link Powder

Thats what it says on that sheet.

·
15,282 Posts
I'd get on the phone not just with Factory Five, but conference in Stewart Transport. If there's a problem, catch that truck before it is too far away.

Mine's on a truck this week too...can hardly wait!

Cheers, John

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
The 3 link only goes on one way - so as long as you also ordered powder coating I think you are fine! (I'd still call just to be sure)

I have never tried to install the 3 link with the donor coils in place as in looking at how it mounts, the donor coils would be in the way. So that means 3 links require coil overs.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Originally posted by Traveler:
The 3 link only goes on one way - so as long as you also ordered powder coating I think you are fine! (I'd still call just to be sure)

I have never tried to install the 3 link with the donor coils in place as in looking at how it mounts, the donor coils would be in the way. So that means 3 links require coil overs.
No Ralph, there is no interference with the stock coil mount area so you could (I don't know why anyone would want to though) mount the 3 link w/o coilovers.

There is no difference in the frames between coilover and non-coilover. In the old days you could order the frame w/o the stock coil tubes, but FFR stopped this.

However, you may have other issues with your delivery if they gave you the wrong boxes. If it's just the frame with a different name, and the powdercoat option is in alignment with what you ordered, you are good to go.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything else is mine. the name on the nose is mine, the boxes are all labeled with my name as well as the paperwork. The only issue is the frame. It sounds like everything should be fine, but ill call factory five anyway.

thanks for all of your input.

·
8,356 Posts
This will be the least of your problems to come, but the rest - though challenging, and sometimes frustrating - will be worthwhile in the end...just remember that! This is YOUR build!!! I think we all will agree on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts