Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Kit 075 nearing finish

19K views 132 replies 25 participants last post by  wrp 
#1 ·
Sorry haven't posted in a while. Car is coming along really well. Here are some current shots.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I really like the pin stripe! It complements the BRG very nicely, and helps break up the side of the car. I think it looks great!

I also like the red Chevy pick-up in the picture too...

You should be shooting some ore video here really soon. Congratulations on getting her nearly wrapped up, and thanks for sharing your progress!

Regards,

Steve

#25 ·
Right, we used a kit from a vendor, it contained two reinforcing rods and the shocks. The rods were massaged a bit to fit the curvature. Vendor instructions were to glue the rods to the trunk, we used screws to tighten the rods against the outer skin, then packed the opening with resin. The rods bonded to the trunk skin will last long after both me and the car have rotted away. Though not as obvious, the major reinforcing was in the bottom of the trunk to keep the back piece between the tail lights solid and prevent distortion, that seemed to help quite a bit as we stabilized the fitment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.