Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to order CANTON oil pan from Breeze but they are on back order right now and they will not be available until the end of January.
Than I saw the post about KEVKO oil pan which is pretty similar to CANTON. Anybody is using KEVKO oil pan on 302 in FFR? How it fit to ffr frame? Any problem with leak?
Thanks
Ben

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Look at Levy Racing. They have one just for FFR's.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,533 Posts
You can fit just about any pan in an FFR frame. There is nothing below it so you are limited only by the depth which should be no more than 7" and the width between the 4" rails. Other than that the sky is the limit. I went with a Canton Road Race pan in aluminum for my windsor. It is a front sump and is almost 8" deep. It is very close to even with the bottom of the 4" round tubes. I know some people have recommended the Kevko pans, you could also check with Chris at Quality Roadsters, he has a Canton pan that is specific for the FFR as well, and hes a heck of a guy. HTH

Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
838 Posts
....also check with Chris at Quality Roadsters, he has a Canton pan that is specific for the FFR as well, and hes a heck of a guy.... [/QB]
IIRC, Chris has stopped the oil pan and pretty much the roadster business to concentrate on the mass flow. Breeze is selling the oil pan, built by Clanton, designed by Chris.

·
We know what you're up to
4,700 Posts
I bought the F502 for 351w, 7.5" depth. It fits completely under the frame rails...looked like the back would not fit, but after shimming the trans mount to get the drive shaft closer to level (3/4") it clear the rails beautifully. The windage tray also cleared my stud girdle after I tapped the tray in three spots where the studs were initially touching it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I bought the F502 for 351w. It fits completely under the frame rails...looked like the back would not fit, but after shimming the trans mount to get the drive shaft closer to level (3/4") it clear the rails beautifully.
Thank You Sir!!

Joe

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Joe,

This one won't work, as it would hang below the frame rails. The max pan depth that will work is 7 1/2". One summit does have is the Milodon 31631 - Milodon Road Race Oil Pan, a little Hefty at $447. I'd go to Mike Forte, or Mark at Breeze for your needs.

Hank
:darkbluecoupe:
Thanks for the info.

Joe

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
I have the Kevco Pan recommended for the FFR,it is the non competion pan. Holds 7 qts 8 with the filter. I does not hang below the frame and does not leak. To test the welds I filled it with water and checked for leaks before installation. It also allows you to use the Ford racing oil filter 90 degree adapter. Just remember to order the dip stick it does not come with the pan.
HTH
Tim

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I just installed one of Armondo's pans, the GT40 #407. It really is a work of art. In this day of mass produced "stuff" mostly made over seas, I get real pleasure from hand made goods. Armondo is in Texas and the made in the USA aspect was icing on the cake for me. So, it may have cost a few more $ but for me was worth it.
Good luck,
Arch

·
Premium Member
12,326 Posts
I have the Kevko road race 9qt pan. No leaks and fits great. The rear is about 1/4" below the rails. I didn't shim the tranny up because I wanted it a bit askew for better bearing lubrication on the U joints. I'm not worried about the 1/4" at this time, might shim it a tad yet but am unsure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.