Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leash,rope,glue or staple how do you make your hat stay where you put it? eek: :D
+
= FFR#2925

·
3,886 Posts
Keep it fairly snug, and get a leash so if it does flip off, at least you don't have to turn around and drive back to get it.

This is item 655542 from www.rei.com but any sports shop should have them--ask for a hat leash or a glove leash.

Forrest

·
7,097 Posts
A couple of alligator clips on a piece of wire does the same thing

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
I lost mine one time while on a little drive with Larry.
Kinda funny.

The best part was when the guy pulled up next to us that same night and asked if it had a 427 in it? Larry's response still makes me laugh!
"No, those engines are obsolete, we only use the newest Ford technology! You should have seen the guys face!

·
6,305 Posts
Ian,
The only thing I've found that really stays on is an an Aviator's helmet. You may look a liitle unusual but it's functional. As long as you don't look at yourself in the mirror it's fine. My wife wore mine on the way home Saturday.
Frank

·
Over Engineerer
2,921 Posts
kinda reminds me of an old joke:

A naive young bride-to-be wanted to be ready for her wedding night so she went to the drug store to buy some condoms. The clerk rang up the sale and said “that will be $4.36 with tax”. The young lady looked puzzled for a moment, then said “tacks – I wondered how you held those things on”.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Don't look up...keep your head down.
Looked up at a cloud once, the wind caught the bill and zippppp off it went. Hit the rollbar and bounced back into the passenger seat. Got lucky on that one. :D

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
Two years ago at Snakes to the Lake they gave away hat leashes that were pieces of leather with alligator clips. Probably just some leather shoe laces. You may need to play with the length a little - too short and you can't look down, too long and they might whip your neck from the wind.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
607 Posts
Wear mesh hats. They stay on much better than solid hats.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Just have lots of hats that you don't mind losing...or follow other cobras around and you can stop and pick up new "cobra" hats! As a last resort, keep your head down, and get a leash as described above! Losing hats is a lot worse in my Jeep than in my Cobra!

Frank, if your wife wore your aviator hat, does that mean you wore her scarf? :D

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
NO, but watch out for her pantyhose.... :D :D

Sorry, Frank, couldn't resist.

All the best,
Tag

·
The Traveler
3,093 Posts
You think people look now... AS Frank suggested, I have an Aviator's helmet, goggles, and long scarf... with the brown leather jacket on ... scarf blowing behind me... you'll also get looks... then a double look and usually a BIG smile as you drive along ... usually I wear them in the rain... which just adds to the smiles!

The Aviator's helmet really does keep you warm and the goggles keep the rain drops from pelting your eyes! I never travel without them!!

Of course then... people notice the license plate frame... which says...

" You're just Jealous... Because the voices talk to me!"

(Something my kids got together and got me one Christmas.)

That's when I see them, in my rear view mirror, pointing to the plate and laughing!

·
5,206 Posts
I have found that, like David says, the mesh style stay on. I also carry about 4 or 5 hats with me. I have lost many of the non mesh style.

I also, have an aviator hat but no goggles at this time. Can't find goggles that fit over my glasses.

Mike

·
Registered
763 Posts
I just drive a FFR Coupe.

Problem solved.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts