Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY! I pulled the trigger and purchased the GTM kit :w00t:. It should arrive at my house late January. My donor kit has been purchased and is on its way as well. I will be purchasing and installing a LS376/480 crate engine. My only real concern is the transaxle. Of all the research I have done Im thinking of the G50/20 with the adapter plate. From what Im told by Rick at FFR, I can run that tranny (inverted) with the LS376 as-is and shouldnt have any problems. I will have the occasional hard pull on the freeway but no real drag racing nor drifting of any sorts. Fingers crossed!

Time to make more room in the garage for the kit. Sweet!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.
You will have a lot of fun with this build.
With moderate HP and smooth shifting the G50-20 will be fine.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didnt find any info from other people but I thought this may help others just starting a build. Most of the sheet metal parts can be installed without having to remove them. Mark where the frame is at on all parts of the sheet metal and then connect the lines. Mark your drill points and go to town. Saved me a lot of time (I think) and I was able to drill once and rivet without any problems.

And for the locations where you dont have any "frame" of reference - no pun intended - I used a flat end of a cardboard box and squared it up with the frame, extended it past the sheet metal, and marked my spot.

BTW, for those who dont think you can fit the main body of the car in a normal garage... you can! It fits great against the wall! :)

Front suspension goes on tomorrow! I promised the GF that I would spend at least 1 day a week with her and not work on the car .. and that day was today.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.