Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took advantage of the $1250 sale FFR is having on the MKII, and ordered one up this morning. As you can imagine, I have an ear to ear grin right now and cant wait for the late August delivery date. I went pretty simple and will be using some of the vendors from here to complete the build.
MKII frame (no paint)
IRS pin drive option with LCAs
Body cut outs
Hood Hinge
Single roll bar
Street Performer seats

My 88 donor supplied a 302 bored 30 over
World Product Windsor Jrs
B cam
Street Heat Intake
MAF conversion and some other goodies.

On a side note, I just want to thank the owners and moderators of this forum for providing a great place to hang out and get information from, even though I am usually in lurking mode. But I also want to thank everyone on here that contributes by adding their own personal stories and experiences. I had to put my build off a couple times, the last because of a personal situation that begins with a "D" and ends in court. Several members on this board have helped to keep my FFR dreams alive by sharing their own personal struggles and by keeping everything in perspective.

Let the fun begin...

Glenn

·
15,282 Posts
Welcome to the club and congrats! I think you're doing the right thing going with the MKII. It's well-sorted out, and I'm currently fighting my way through the first MKIII builds with Sergio, Kobra4Kris, Perl, and a few other guys. In six months, hopefully it'll be as well-documented as the older kit and a little easier for first-time builders like me.

Keep us posted on your project!

Cheers, John

·
3,645 Posts
welcome!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,326 Posts
I'll add another welcome!

Several Mark IIs in the area (I'm building one in Stroudsburg, TurkeyMaster1 is building one in Long Valley and AJCobraNJ is building one in Flanders). Someday the Northern NJ Cobra guys will get together again (last time was in February!)...

Again - welcome aboard!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,022 Posts
Just curious--why didn't you go with the free powder coating option they are offering?

I went for it, and so far, I'm impressed with it. If you are on the fence about it, I would encourage you to re-think it and make the leap. I do not think you would be disappointed.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Gale,

This is a new promotion. Postcards came out last week - runs through the end of the month. It's an actual $1250 discount rather than $1200 worth of free options. Just to finish off the last of the MKIIs.

Take care,
Matt

·
1,123 Posts
Please get all to purchase Mark II's NOW!!!! I have been waiting for "The Last Mark II" to be built but FFR has to use up their inventory so mine can be built. I have had my ship date moved 5 times since April.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,297 Posts
Welcome Glenn,

I just received my car about a week and a half ago. I to was smiles from ear to ear when I ordered my car. I went back to Wareham and ordered it. I used the excuse as a vacation. What great people they have back there. Dave Riha was so kind to give me a ride in his car it was in the car and driver mag a couple of months ago. I also was able to see it when I went to the build school in Flint. Anyway welcome and you are right this is a great place to hang out.

Mike O.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,022 Posts
Matt,

Thanks for the reply. That's cool! Almost wish I would have waited...almost! ;)

Gale

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Glenn:
Congrats and welcome to the 'builders group'. If you have any questions, just post and someone will respond. Have fun and enjoy the build.

Allan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.