Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

On the recommendation on another thread, I ordered this module, and a Momentary SPDT Bat switch for the project. I originally had a DPDT Momentary I had to hold, then put in a rotary SPDT switch, which I always left on.

The SD Module installed quite easilly, I added the new switch, and simply replaced the flasher with a jumper. Half an hour tops.

WOW!!! Finally, an easy to use system, and it works directly as advertised! With my new dash lights, I am one happy turn-signalling fool!!!

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

Reactions: Geoff H

·
Charter Member
1,584 Posts
Thanks for posting - I am thinking of doing the same. Happy to hear it was an easy install.

·
Not a waxer
12,171 Posts
I’ve used the S.D. Module on 6 or 7 builds including my own (which is going on year 15). Every one has worked flawlessly—-great product that is easy to incorporate!

Jeff

·
Senior Charter Member
1,889 Posts
Yup great product. I put one in my car not to long after getting it on road. Got tired of forgetting to turn off also. Like the brighter lights, good find . Do they come with a nut to secure them?

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave,

Yes, for a 1/2" hole, with nut and a rubber O-ring for sealing. GREAT Lights.

Had the car out last night and this morning. High Beam was perfect, Arrows may be a little bright at night, but now at least they turn off. Easy to see the arrows against the black dash in daylight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've got that module in my MK3.1. To activate turn signals, I have a pair of electric window momentary switches, one on either side of the steering wheel mounted in the dash located right at the diameter of the wheel. Only the outer portion of the switch on each side are wired such that I activate the signal by pushing the outside of the switch on each side. They are positioned so that I just extend my finger with hands on the wheel. Works very well.

·
Actual builder now!
1,528 Posts
I have that module as well and it works a treat.

we should all buy one for a BMW owner since I am pretty sure turn signals are optional on BMW models LOL (let the fireworks begin)

·
Senior Charter Member
949 Posts
I put one in my coupe that was defective,but they replaced it right away, it works well!

·
Charter Member
1,584 Posts
Just ordered the module. Likely going to run a waterproof on-off-on momentary switch for power windows. My car is a 2005 Mk III with a 1989 mustang wiring harness. I would like to keep the hazard lights wired the same way with an under dash mustang hazard switch. For those that have installed do you see any issue with a separate hazard light switch?

Thanks,
Geoff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts