Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Just got my plate and title!!

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Qwik 1 
#1 ·
Well, I posted under the parts section by mistake.
Still learning this computer stuff.

I am finally finished with the registration and titling. Now if we could just get rid of this snow and order up some sunshine. I envy you guys down south driving your cars around while I sit in the garage and drool.

Anyways Happy New Year to all and many thanks again for all of your help on this wonderful forum over the last year during my build. :D

See less See more
#6 ·
Congratulations Jerry! Your car looks great, nice color. I have been licensed since July but couldn't stop driving long enough to get it painted. I'm envious. Tom (Borroughs Peddler in Missouri) :D

#7 ·

Scott - It is titled as a 2002 Assembled Roadster. The Secretary of State would only let me title as current year. There is many steps to go through, but no major problems encountered. The police inspection is the most thorough look at the car and you should get the form(TR 54) early to make sure you are legal on everything. Good luck!

Tom - It is PPG Wineberry Metallic with Gold base and Clear on top. It came out much nicer than I expected.

Tom - I had looked at your pictures earlier on Club Photo and you were ahead of me and your car was looking really good. You were giving me inspiration to try to catch you. Hopefully now I can return the favor. Keep me posted on your progress. I have 300 miles logged on temporary permits, but want to drive more now.

#9 ·
Looks Great Jerry - although I already saw it in person at my house :D

Pictures don't do it justice guys. It looks like a piece of jewelry up close. The paint looks very deep and was a professional job.

Congratulations on getting your plates. I need to give you a ring and talk about a few things too.

Happy new year

Steve

#11 ·
Mike,
If Jerry doesn't reply, I have a recommendation for you. For the ultimate, check out House of Kolor paints - http://www.houseofkolor.com/hok/index.html

They have a two stage paint similar to Jerry's that is also fantastic. I think somebody just painted their coupe this color, only they used a silver base coat instead of gold like Jerry did.

I think the color was Brandywine or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.