Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was time to post my build progress. I owe a lot of gratitude to my friend Nels Prario for putting up with all my questions and pushing me to get er done. if it was'nt for him I'd still be polishing aluminum. Thanks Nels ;)

Rick Cadogan

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
Great job ,keep up the good work and you'll be driving it before you know it.

·
he who lives by the sword. gets shot by those who
2,847 Posts
Great Job!!!! I can't wait to get down to business myself!!!!!! Time to check out of the Lurker class!!!!!!!!!and into purchaser class!!! Great Job!!!
Ben Smith

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Rick, that is looking sweet... You should be go karting real soon!
Ken

·
6,559 Posts
Nice work but you aint even close to "done". Now get your a$$ back to work. ;) I "finished" my car three years ago and it's still not done.

·
Senior Charter Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the support everyone ! Rickster, the wire set I have is Taylor spiro pros. After seeing Nels Prarios, I returned the MSD wires and went with Taylors they are a much better fit with the 4 into 4's.
Later ! I got to get er done.
Rick

·
2,332 Posts
NICE WORK! Looks like a class of 2005 contender!

-SGC

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I gotta get out more in the neighborhood and see these builds, yours and Nels.
I've started...page one done..the F pannels. Moving with the great speed, not! :D

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Excellent!! Absolutely gorgeous!! It's almost too nice to cover up with the body.

2FAST

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Thanks Rick for the kind words. Gotta tell everybody that Rick is a real perfectionist with his work. He is going to have a real show car when he is done. Everything is meticulously done.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Rick, that looks fantastic! Ver sanitary!
With Linwood's battery box, did you have interference problems with your emergency brake cables? Also, does the battery box fit perfectly between the front & rear cross tubes or was there modification needed?
Good luck with it.

Jeff

·
FFR Craftsman
5,833 Posts
Man, that's a clean and "shiny" build. I'm really digging the fuel cell. VERY professional looking there.

I like the polished alum. but I know myself better and I don't think I could keep up the maintenance on it. :( I'll live vicariously through your build on that point.

·
Senior Charter Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jeff, I havent installed my e-brake cables yet but I dont foresee any problems,as far as the battery box goes you couldnt ask for a better product. The box does not get riveted on the sides until you install it between the cross tubes, giving it all the flexabilty you may need for installation. It's very well made and worth the money !
Rick

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Rick, thanks for the info.
Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Rick,
Looks great except for the wires it puked up. I had the same problem, just stuffed them all back in. I just posted the self stick wire anchors from Home Depot. They help to organize all the wires and you don't have to drill holes in those nice polished panels.
Keep working at it.

Ron

1 - 20 of 30 Posts