Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All in fun (please no broken shock or serious issues!), what is the most current thing that is making you want to pull your hair out?

Here is mine.

Everytime I think I have painted every bolt on part, I come up on another one. Case in point, just got my spring hats to assemble the coilovers and put on the front suspension. Go to pull out the spindle adaptor brackets and guess what?! Need to paint them. So do I paint them and put them on later or listen to that little voice in the back of my head that keeps saying "ahhh, whats a little rust, lets get this thing on its wheels today...."

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
Not enough seat time!! Bob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is waiting on my engine builder. I dropped it off 4 weeks ago. I know he's busy, and he does excellent work, but, I WANT MY ENGINE! :mad:

Oh, well, he tells me it will be done at the end of the week. :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Finding time to work on it!!

·
Still broke & dreaming...
2,205 Posts
For me, it's opening the door into my garage and seeing my Dodge Intrepid instead of a Cobra. :(

·
Junior Charter Member
916 Posts
4 into 4 headers not lining up with body openings.

·
3 Generations on a MkIII
1,415 Posts
I'm in CA. Car in NM. 1187 Miles away.

Four days until I get back. Yeah, Yeah, San Francisco is very nice, but so is dropping a motor.

·
2,746 Posts
I'm so close to finishing wiring and oil/cooling system that I can taste it. First start soon!

Chris.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Installed the e-brake today. When I finished I pulled the handle up and the donor cable (the short one attached to the handle) snapped. :mad: I will be calling one of the vendors for a new one tomorrow.

·
Banned
496 Posts
Finding someone to paint that does not want my first born in exchange!

Getting the side pipes spaced away from the body (FFR is no help). Making my own spacers now.

·
Junior Charter Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
added to my list....

File to fit alum spacers....

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts
Trying to finish an oak dresser for my wife

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Randal,
I made some of those spacers last year.

Today's project was mounting my new rear tires, Falken FK452. They are the first tires I have had with a "AA" traction rating.

Last headache: A passenger marred the paint with the shoulder strap. Second time that has happened! I must train the passengers better

Bobby

·
Junior Charter Member
126 Posts
Finally get legal, get a couple hundred miles on it and find the remote adaptor on block is leaking.

ARRRRRGH

1 - 20 of 69 Posts