Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Break the nuts loose on the a-arms, don't try to break the bolts loose like i did b/c it will not happen.
Finally, i finished pulling the last of the parts off the POS donor. I never thought i would get the front brakes off. I actually managed to get 200.00 for the front seats which had cat crap on them when i first bought the car-i hear cat poop is very good conditioner for fabric. So, once all is said and done i will have only paid about 400.00 for the donor, but it did not come with a computer and i ended up buying sn95 spindles and brakes off of ebay, gas petal, 96up pedal box, throttle cable, clutch cable, and a few other things that were trashed in other places.

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
Good on you, man! It feels great once the donor gets the hell out. I think it will feel better when the kit rolls in! (arranging shipping) :D

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Yes cat crap has preserving qualities. I think the Egyptians used it? Maybe not....

So now the cleaning begins....and the tossing of the parts that you cleaned and decided not to use because the are just not nice enough for your build! If you have access to a blasting cabinet or are willing to pay to have it done, it will make a huge difference in clean up.

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Congratulations. Happiness is a donor in the junkyard. You did well with the cat poop seats.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yes, i have a large bead blasting cabinet. The cabinet was actually the first thing i ever used my neumatic rivet gun on. I purchased a pressure blaster for the large parts like the differential. I also fabricated my own powdercoating booth out of steel, some house filters and a bathoom fan and some dryer vent tubing-hell if i was going to pay 900.00 for one. I also bought a slightly used oven to use as my powdercoating oven. i almost feel bad ruining it since it is so nice, but I am sure it will have a nice life as a powder oven.

·
Banned
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anybody needs any front disc brakes i have the ones left over from my donor, and a 98 Cobra rear end with 3.27 gears. Plus some gauges, pedal box, gas pedal, gas tank, and other ends and outs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts