Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
159 Posts
Ok here when I get the dial-up to work. Oh, soon to be home with the Wi-Fi.

I'm going to stop at FFR on my trip home Monday.

Dan called me the other day because of a comment I made about ST2 taking a lot more money and them just wanting to go faster. From that phone session with Dan I got the feeling that if we had some sponsorship or contingencies in 2007 we would really make a significant move towards having new folks and old alike see the FFR Challenge series as the place to be.

Being so new at this I just don't know what has happened in the past about sponsorship or contingencies? Are their folks on the sidlines that want to get involved?

Carl

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Carl,

No doubt what upset Dan the most was the contingecies. The dyno rule was something he had fought hard against for the past few seasons so he could not have swung that far the other direction in such a short time.

I will contact Jerry and see if I can get a better idea of what the rules and procedures are from NASA to get contingecies in place, then we can see if we can find someone to do it. Brian and I talked a little bit about Art Totten, and possibly Mark Dougherty would be interested but I am open to suggestions before we approach anyone.

Last year there were some proposed contingencies, one form Cobra Powersports (Bill's Scooter buisiness), one from Marcus, maybe one from Kumho and CDOC. The Cobra Powersports deal would have changed the series name from FFRChallenge to Cobra Powersports Challenge so Dave objected to that one. (Shelby would have sued on that one for sure anyway) All the others were forwarded to Truesports marketing who was handling the stuff for NASA and I didn't hear about them again. I think that Marcus's tire deal didn't work out because of logistics but not sure on the other two.

·
Junior Charter Member
159 Posts
Jim,

I don't know Art Totten, but I'm sure Mark would have a good view of FFR and the series. And, I feel would work well with all of us.

Carl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts