Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I outfoxed myself. I thought that a good set of rubber IRS bushings would hold things in place and I could save myself a few bucks. Wrong! I'm clearly making too much horsepower for this setup as I've got a right proper case of first gear wheel hop.
I'm thinking I'll start with a set of Poly bushings in the IRS knuckles unless there's another way to overcome this. I'm wondering though, can you do this with the knuckles still attached to the axles? I was smart enough to put the bolts in whith the heads out so no problems with clearing the CV boot, but what about pressing things in and out? How big of a knuckle buster job is this? Does this pretty much fix it or do I need to have the quad shocks waiting in the wings? Thanks
Frank

·
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks David. Is that good as in $$$$$$ or good like new Gabriels, etc? Hopefully they'll fit behind these 295's.
Frank

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Frank I have the poly bushings from VPM, (and VPM swaybar)no quad shocks, and NO WHEEL HOP at all... running 315's...It will be a lot easier to change the bushings if you pull the knuchles... I used a press to put the new ones in, but you can probably do it in a vise. Good Luck
Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.