Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this paint scheme on a motorcycle. I love the brighter red.

I think the brighter red across the whole car would be awesome with white stripes.

But I would love to see someone use that brighter red in the 1st 3/4 of the car and fade to the a dark black cherry red in the rear. So the dark still show red in the right light. For something untraditional I think it would be awesome. (Without the design)

Almost looks like it was on fire in the front maybe moving fast while standing still. If you get my drift.

What do you guys think about some of these more modern styles as oppose to a solid traditional paint schemes?

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Sports equipment Hood

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
not a cobra, but found these
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

found these nails as well.
Skin Nail polish Product Human Black
Liquid Nail polish Light Cosmetics Nail care

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm assuming that this type of paint job would be pretty expensive as well.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chewy thanks for the pics!! Great job finding something that looks like exactly what described.

And probably super expensive I would imagine.

I like it for non-traditional way of painting a car I think it's pretty cool.

Lol the nails nice job

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah super cool. Maybe if I had 2 cars lol but one I will stick to something more traditional. I love it though I would love to see someone do something like this.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Wheel

·
Junior Charter Member
3,144 Posts
As was said previously, "It's yours, do what you want". I would think twice about a paint job that would be extremely difficult to repair, if the worst should happen

Reactions: jhargrove

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,809 Posts
Not sure if it was an FFR, but someone did a Black and Tan (and I don’t mean stripes), looked good.

The ‘fade to black’ is very cool, just not sure we have enough real estate to make it pop.

·
Registered
36 Posts
While that would look awesome on a show car in practical terms I would be afraid to drive my car with an expensive paint job like that. Especially if you plan to do any track or autocross with your car consider the effects of the 'sandblasting' your paint job receives on the course. But one of my favorite things about these cars is you can make it into whatever you want.

It would look awesome though....

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While that would look awesome on a show car in practical terms I would be afraid to drive my car with an expensive paint job like that. Especially if you plan to do any track or autocross with your car consider the effects of the 'sandblasting' your paint job receives on the course. But one of my favorite things about these cars is you can make it into whatever you want.

It would look awesome though....
Yeah forsure. I definitely as of now my car will be a cruise car for me. But I agree looks awesome for a short time but everyday I will stick with a more traditional look forsure.

·
Registered
371 Posts
How about bright red and fade to a dark color in almost the same spot. Here's what I'm talking about.
Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Not a waxer
12,128 Posts

·
Not a waxer
12,128 Posts
Sdonnel or Jeff Kleiner

Do you have a picture of the finished car?
Here it is after I put it all together

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I did one last year with a custom mix to replicate Paul’s car:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Ac cobra

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Jeff

1 - 20 of 26 Posts