Factory Five Racing Forum banner

101 - 120 of 346 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I finally put my order in with Mike Forte for my 347 and TKO600 today. So Phileas Fogg, CraigS and scottiec I'll be needing your help maybe in about 3 to 4 weeks. John I'm thinking sometime late next week I could use your help with wiring, I'll let you know. Haven't done much this week and will have the siding work going on Mon and Tues.
JR
I'll be here; just give a shout when you need a hand.

John

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Brewha, I did what edwardb suggested and called Factory Five. Dan checked and said I should have gotten the cables. They were on backorder from the supplier for about 3 weeks and I received them about 3 weeks ago and hopefully I can get them installed today or tomorrow using edwardb's mod. I have all of the parts just have to put them together.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I was able to install the Breeze forward battery box today.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I will let you know. If you are able tomorrow 6/28 another builder phileas fogg is coming by during the day to advise/help with wiring, stop by.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I mocked up my drive shaft safety loop and trans. a-frame today. There has been some concern mentioned with the loop interfering with the ebrake cable bracket. From what I can tell it looks like everything is ok. The loop is about 1 1/2" in front of the ebrake cable bracket.
JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Hi JR.

On my car it wasn't the emergency cable bracket that interfered with the loop, it was the cables; i.e., the cables rubbed the side of the loop. Note that I routed my cables under the 4" tube, and so our cable routing is different; hopefully you'll get lucky and everything clears.

If the cables do rub, it's easy enough to make a new emergency cable bracket and mount it on the 1" frame member. When you position this new bracket, be sure to do so with the passenger floor pan in place; otherwise, you'll probably end up moving the bracket a second time when the cables rub the pan. Ask me how I know. :grin2:

John

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Not much happened today. I did drain and refill the IRS with 2 qts motorcraft 75w-85 premium synthetic hypoid gear lube and 3oz friction modifier. The 2015 rear end shipped with gear lube but I wasn't sure if any friction modifier was used. Also the gear lube was less than required amount. So $51.33 later all is good.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Major Delivery

My engine and trans will be delivered tomorrow. The trucking co will only deliver it to the end of my driveway so I have to figure out how to get it to my garage. I will probably rent a pallet jack to move it but I have a pretty rough driveway so I've got sheets of 3/4"plywood to roll it on. we'll see how it goes.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I think they're here

I've got this gigantic box in my driveway, I wonder what it is? Actually I know. My Engine/Trans were delivered today. The driver felt sorry for me and brought it all the way from the street and put it in my garage. Turns out he is building a pick-up to run in the Baja 1000, pretty cool. Well here are some pics.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
2 more pics

Attachments

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,146 Posts
Makes you feel like things are really happening doesn't it? Yeeehaw!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Sure does Craig. I'm going to attempt to dial indicate the bell housing since Tremec says it should be within .005 or the warranty is voided. I assume the clutch pack has to be removed so the magnetic base of the dial indicator can sit correctly on the flywheel. Then I'll remove the spark plugs to ease rotating the crank to clock the bell housing at 12,3,6,9 with the dial indicator to determine if and what size off set dowel pins I would need. I've watched the you tube video from American Powertrain several times and it seems doable. Any advice is welcome as always.
Thanks, JR

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If the bell housing was shipped to you installed on the motor, maybe it's already dialed in.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Hi Dad of Three, I was hoping it was already dialed in but I asked Mike Forte and he doesn't dial indicate the bell housings.
JR

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
BTW, I'm about to introduce a new product on the FFmetal.com site, a replacement transmission tunnel top. It's thicker (.060 vs .040) and comes without a hole! That way you can cut your own hole for the mid-shift and only cut it as large as you need. And since it's thicker and stronger, it won't bend over time as easily as the stock piece. I rest the palm of my hand on my trans tunnel when I get in and out of the car and it feels strong and sturdy.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Hi Bill, thanks for the info. I've sent you a couple emails in the last week which you and I have coresponded on recently, do you have any updates?
Thanks, JR

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
JR, so sorry man. My aluminum supplier keeps promising to get them done, but he's had manpower issues and is working every day of the week to catch up. I hope to get you a status update this weekend.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)
I was able to dial indicate the bell housing today and after doing it 4 times with the same results it is off in the 6 and 9 oclock positions by .012. So according to that I need .007 off set dowel pins to bring the bell housing within specs for tremec tolerances of .005. I'll get the off set dowel pins ordered tomorrow.
JR

Attachments

101 - 120 of 346 Posts