Factory Five Racing Forum banner

81 - 100 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Depending on what motor setup you are going with you may want it on the left side. I just got my motor yesterday so guess how I figured that out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
I got the p/s f/b panels painted today. I did the exterior surfaces with rustoleum silver engine block paint, good for temps up to 550 degs. I also coated the f/b floor and p/s floor panels with duplicolor water based spray bed liner. It turned out well.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I was able to get the p/s footbox in and riveted, turned out well. I also got most of the d/s footbox fitted and clecoed in place. I will finish fitting tomorrow then remove for paint. I tried black rivets on the p/s footbox, i'm happy with the results.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Pics of the d/s f/b so far.
JR

Attachments

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,112 Posts
Based on what I am seeing/have seen w/ John's and Carl's builds, I would leave the top and outer side of the driver foot box off for now. Makes it so easy to make adjustments to pedals wiring, etc.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks Craig, I plan to just cleco them for now for the exact reason you mention. By the way that rustoleum 550° engine block paint is the same color exactly as the silver hammered paint. The only complaint I have with the engine block paint is after about halt a can it stopped the paint plenty of propellant but no paint. Fortunately the can will spray at any angle so I got pretty good at spraying it sideways. I'll take tomorrow off to let the paint dry thoroughly since the roofers will finally be doing my roof due to the hail damage from back on 2/25
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I got the drivers side footbox mostly done on Saturday. I left the outside and top loose for access. I finally finished the fuel line and the passenger side floor today, will do d/s floor tomorrow. Thanks to edwardb I was able to install pulleys for the ebrake cables which may get run tomorrow. I just realized I didn't get pics of the d/s f/b. I'll get them tomorrow also. Long hot day today and even hotter tomorrow.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
JRCuz;5746474I finally finished the fuel line and the passenger side floor today said:
How did you wind up routing your fuel line? I wound up needing to move mine after I got the motor in as the fuel pump was on the drivers side front of the motor. From what I can tell you are going with a similar setup to me and may have the same issue if you come up between the p/s f/b and the 4 inch frame rail. I wound up having to come forward with the fuel line and then going across the front 4 inch tube to the drivers side.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Thanks Glen, you've saved my bacon a couple times now, I will continue it as you have routed yours.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Pics of d/s f/b.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I got a lot of the cockpit aluminum done today, I'll leave the cockpit rear bulkhead loose until the upper trunk floor is in.
JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
You are cruising right along!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Per GlenH's suggestion I extended the fuel line from the p/s f/b to the front 4" cross member and across to d/s so closer to mech fuel pump when engine is in.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I got an email from FFR today, they have shipped my wheels the last of backordered items. They should arrive Sat.
JR

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
My wheels arrived today, last of backordered items. A quick search looks like valve stems no longer come with the wheels, is this correct? No big deal if so, just checking.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
My wheels arrived today, last of backordered items. A quick search looks like valve stems no longer come with the wheels, is this correct? No big deal if so, just checking. JR
Not sure... At one time they were included. The 18's that came with my Anniversary Roadster didn't have them and I was told by FF they are no longer supplied. But then several have chimed in since and said they are included and were shipped with their wheels. Best to call and ask. They're standard TR413 rubber pull-through valve stems, so nothing special if you do need to get your own from your installer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I finally put my order in with Mike Forte for my 347 and TKO600 today. So Phileas Fogg, CraigS and scottiec I'll be needing your help maybe in about 3 to 4 weeks. John I'm thinking sometime late next week I could use your help with wiring, I'll let you know. Haven't done much this week and will have the siding work going on Mon and Tues.
JR

·
Registered
62 Posts
I picked up my kit 3/18 and it did not have the e-brake cable either. I'm not using the Wilwood breaks. There are many options on which rear brakes you use and may be why they don't include them. I would call them and ask them which cable is right for you. My complete kit was missing the engine mounts and was not on any shipping list. I called and asked and they sent them out.

81 - 100 of 346 Posts