Discussion Starter #61
Corrected outer tie rod pics
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Non build day but I did get my CNC brake triple reservoirs thanks JRL16 on the other forum.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I started on the brake lines yesterday then restarted today after getting more hard lines. I also mocked up the location for the CNC triple reservoirs and a bracket.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
More brake line work today. First thing today was to relocate the front brake line. I'll be doing the Breeze forward battery box and my work from yesterday would have interfered with it. I moved it to the front side of the X member, hopefully all is good now. Also started the rear brake line will finish it tomorrow.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
A few more pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Making A Huge Amount of Progress

JR,

Your build is going gang busters ... Congrats!

If you ever need any parts like you would order from McMaster-Carr or DelCity ... check with me ... i have a lot of "spares".

Carl

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Thanks Carl. I will check with you on your spares stock. Sometimes I get busy in the garage and I forget even about lunch which for me is a good thing. I won't even be able to start on it today until 3 pm or so. Back on Feb 25 we had a hail storm and my house was damaged and the contractor I chose is coming today with final samples of siding and shingles. Hopefully that work will start shortly. With the heat today I'll get to try my new a/c in the garage.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The CNC triple reservoirs and pressure bleeding cap I got from a guy on the other forum came without any instructions, before I contact CNC does anyone have the instructions they could post.
Thanks in advance, JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Maybe you can ask him, how he got the tag and trunk handle to not interfere with each other. Beautiful car!
His is a Mk3 no interference.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I was able to finish the brake lines today.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
2 more pics.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Was able to get the CNC reservoirs mocked up today.
JR

Attachments

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,137 Posts
Looking good JR. And look at you, posting pics like a 12 year old. Way to go buddy!!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Ok this is where my lack of knowledge starts showing. I'm starting on the fuel lines and need some clarification. After the fuel filter do I use the white connector in the picture from the fuel filter and the flexible fuel hose and hose clamps to connect to the 5/16" hard line? Since I won't have a return line I won't be using any of the 1/4" lines and fittings.Is the black connector in the picture used for F/I? Any help is appreciated.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok this is where my lack of knowledge starts showing. I'm starting on the fuel lines and need some clarification. After the fuel filter do I use the white connector in the picture from the fuel filter and the flexible fuel hose and hose clamps to connect to the 5/16" hard line? Since I won't have a return line I won't be using any of the 1/4" lines and fittings.Is the black connector in the picture used for F/I? Any help is appreciated.
JR
You pretty much got it figured out. The larger of the two will fit on the output side of the fuel filter. The smaller one would be used to connect the return line back to the tank if you were using a return line. You should have some barbed fittings to connect the flexible hose to the hard lines. Mine were in the same bag as the rest of the fuel line fittings. On the hard lines I found that if I went ahead and started at the back and worked my way forward the coupling wound up in a tough spot right at where I needed to bend the front section. To make it a little easier I wound up bending the front piece and then cut both the front and back sections and redid the flares so they met about halfway down the frame.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks Glen, I do have the barbed fittings for the hard lines. Did you install any alum. panels before you ran your fuel lines? I only have the F panels and the d/s f/b front panel installed so far.
Thanks again,JR

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks Glen, I do have the barbed fittings for the hard lines. Did you install any alum. panels before you ran your fuel lines? I only have the F panels and the d/s f/b front panel installed so far.
Thanks again,JR
You may want to get the PS FB panels installed first. The inner panel is the main thing as, at least with mine, the fuel line comes up between that panel and the 4 inch tube.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
JR,

Keep in mind that if you are doing the PS foot box mod the position of the inside panel extends a little.

For this reason I waited until I had the mod done before attaching the fuel lines in the engine compartment.

Carl

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks Carl, I've decided not to do the F/B mod. I went for a ride Sunday with Tom, I believe you know him and his wasn't that bad. Besides It's just me and I don't plan on picking up any hitch hikers.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Todays progress involved the p/s f/b. I got the panels drilled and clecoed for fit. Now I will remove them for clean and paint.
JR

Attachments

61 - 80 of 346 Posts