Factory Five Racing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
JR, where is that car show? Did you talk to the owner of the black car. I believe TerroristHunter lives somewhere in your area.
Craig, I did talk to him in fact he's been over to the house a few times. I don't believe he is terroristhunter but I could be wrong. He has lived here for 7 years. I know he has been to Carlwms house. The car show was at North Stafford HS.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Not much progress today. I took a pickup load of brown paper and cardboard boxes to the recycle center/landill then got a decent set of snap ring pliers to replace the pos H/F ones I have. I did get the mounting tab for the P/S rack enlarged and touched up with POR15. I should get the rack and pedal box installed tomorrow.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I decided to wait on installing the pedal box until I get the firewall forward piece from ffmetal. He is starting to offer them again and should be ready shortly. I did get the p/s rack installed along with the fuel tank. Very hot here today, glad I got an a/c for the garage the other day.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
A little progress today. Got the pedal box installed and 1 m/c ready for tomorrow. I thought I was going to get by without notching the frame or clutch pedal. Looking at the pedal to footbox front wall clearance it is about 1/2in. and the pedal is just contacting the 3/4 tube. If it needs some massaging I think I'll notch the pedal. It looks like it would only need an 1/8 or so removed.
JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I got he pedal box/master cylinders pretty much buttoned up. I haven't notched the clutch pedal yet, going to wait and see if it's needed when I get Mike Forte's hyd clutch setup. I got the steering shaft in and all looks ok there. I also received the 2015 IRS vent tube, haven't installed it yet. Here are some pics.
JR

Attachments

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,112 Posts
That vent tube is something. I just have the small 90 degree hose on mine. Maybe I should get a tube.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes Craig there is a recent post on how the OP routed his. I might try that or just surgically alter it. FYI there is a car show June 3 9am at Radley Chev. in Fredericksburg. Also I'd like to get your opinion sometime on the work I've done so far.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Non roadster day today, but I did receive my Russ Thompson accelerator pedal.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Outer tie rod ends

After installing the power steering rack the manual says to install the outer tie rods to the steering arms from the bottom. I believe I have installed the
steering arms correctly(pointing out towards rotor). The taper on the outer ball joint shaft will only allow the outer tie rod to be installed from the top. Anyone see a problem with this? Here are some pics.
Thanks, JR

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
A few more pics. I should say that the taper in the steering arms the way they are mounted will only allow the outer tie rods to be mounted from the top.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
A few more pics. I should say that the taper in the steering arms the way they are mounted will only allow the outer tie rods to be mounted from the top.
JR
They should be mounted from the bottom. Remember that taper will be opposite if you move to the other side of the car. I believe you just need to remove the steering arms and swap from the left to right and from right to left.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yeah Glen, that's what I thought. Looking at the picture in the manual it shows the steering arm mounted pointing toward the rotor. I guess I'll have to swap them side for side.
JR

·
Registered
80 Posts
I made a similar mistake. I looked at the taper and decided which way to mount the arms so the taper was facing correctly. What I failed to notice before I got them all mounted was the mine were pointing away from the rotor. I had to turn around and swap mine from one side to the other as well.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,112 Posts
As I understand it they are marked correctly for the 33 but are installed opposite the markings on a roadster.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm going to the garage now to swap them side for side. Thanks Glen, Jeff and Craig.
JR

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I got the steering arms corrected thanks all.
JR

41 - 60 of 346 Posts