Factory Five Racing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 346 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,071 Posts
I realize that I am a little on the extreme side but I will not use deformed metal nuts anywhere. OTOH, there are 1000s of them doing fine on a lot of FFRs so it's your call.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks again Craig. I used them on a couple of bolts on the rear upper and lower control arms where I couldn't use the deformed nuts with the flared base.
Thanks, JR

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
More progress today includes diff is installed along with the left and right IRS toe arms, lower control arms and upper control arms. Anti-seize used on the rear diff bolts. All fasteners torqued.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Got the spindles, hubs, coil overs and axles installed and torqued today.
that's about it.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I managed to get a few things done today, including safety wiring the Wilwood hat to rotor bolts and didn't even draw any blood. Also got all 4 calipers and the e-brake calipers installed. The right rear e-brake mechanism was very close to the coilover, I adjusted the IRS a little and it seemed to help. I hope I can get it right when the suspension is aligned. The left front caliper seems to be equally spaced on the rotor but the outside brake pad barely touches the rotor. The large piston in the caliper looks like it is slightly extended and I hope that is the problem. I decided to call it quits for today. I think nearly 9 hrs. straight is enough. Time for a weeks vacation.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here's a few more.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
E-Brake Cables

I'm using the 12.88 Wilwood Brakes on my MK4 with 2015 Mustang IRS. No e-brake cables came with my complete kit. Has anyone with this setup used the Wilwood e-brake cables p/n 330-9371?
Thanks JR

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Hmmm. I received emergency brake cables in Box 11 with my [old style] IRS components. Seems odd F5 doesn't provide cables with the new IRS. Forgive the question, but are the cables listed on the inventory?

John

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi John, no problem. I've looked through the inventory sheets several times and not seen the e-brake cables listed. Next step I'll look through the boxes.
JR

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Hi John, no problem. I've looked through the inventory sheets several times and not seen the e-brake cables listed. Next step I'll look through the boxes. JR
If you don't find them, call FF. I couldn't find them either and they weren't on any inventory sheets. But when I called they agreed they should have been included and sent them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I called FFR and talked to Dan and the e-brake cables are on backorder, 3 weeks. Thanks edwardb for the tip. As usual great customer service from FFR.
JR

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Almost got the p/s rack installed today. I will have to do a little grinding on the holes on the rack mounting tabs on the frame tomorrow. I'm using the breeze offset rack bushings also. I hope to get the pedal box and master cylinders imstalled tomorrow also.
JR

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
At the rate you're going, you'll be done before me!

John

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks John, I thought I was going a little slow. Don't forget you have 2 things I don't have yet, eng/trans. I found out about a month ago there is another owner about a mile from me that I met at a car show at the high school close by. He's been here for 7 yrs and I had never seen his car before. How does that happen? Here are some pics of his car.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
John, I forgot 1 thing. I talked to Bill with ffmetal yesterday, he is starting to produce the firewall forward piece again. He is doing 2 right now 1 for Scott and 1 for me. He hopes to have them in the next couple weeks. Can I do the pedal box front now and wait to install the firewall?
Thanks JR

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Maybe you can ask him, how he got the tag and trunk handle to not interfere with each other. Beautiful car!
I will ask him about the trunk. Yeah I agree it is beautiful. He had Whitby's paint it. I'm planning black with gold stripes.
JR

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
John, I forgot 1 thing. I talked to Bill with ffmetal yesterday, he is starting to produce the firewall forward piece again. He is doing 2 right now 1 for Scott and 1 for me. He hopes to have them in the next couple weeks. Can I do the pedal box front now and wait to install the firewall?
Thanks JR
I'm 99% sure you can install the front side of the firewall. However, unless something has changed you'll use a different inside wall for the foot box to match the new firewall profile, and you'll have a new inside top panel as well.

Unless you're ready to install the steering shaft, you could leave the front panel off until you get all the firewall pieces. Again, I'm 99% sure you don't need the front panel to install the pedal box.

John

EDIT: Changed "foot" to "pedal"

·
FFCobra Craftsman
22,071 Posts
JR, where is that car show? Did you talk to the owner of the black car. I believe TerroristHunter lives somewhere in your area.

21 - 40 of 346 Posts