Factory Five Racing Forum banner

361 - 370 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Last week after reading a thread on the other forum I ordered a set of Lucas 692A park/turn sig lights to replace the ffr supplied units. The Lucas units are visually like the rear ffr units. The reasonn I got the Lucas units is that I don't like the friction fit of the chrome bezel on the ffr units. I received the order today and installed the lights and am very pleased with the look. They do require the large center whole be enlarged on 1 side to fully seat them a few seconds with my dremel took care of that. Anyway here are a few pics.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I installed these on my last Cobra build 20 years ago. Installing them again on my FFR build as well. No sharp edges and they won't vibrate loose. Nice choice. I am slightly re-styling the rear taillight section for the earlier Cobra look and re-purposing two of the old red taillights fitted with the Amber colored lens.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
JR ... It has been awhile since I have logged on ... you have made fantastic progress and it looks really great. After reading your posts on the Replicar front aluminum I am very tempted to purchase and install myself. Thanks, Carl

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
JR ... It has been awhile since I have logged on ... you have made fantastic progress and it looks really great. After reading your posts on the Replicar front aluminum I am very tempted to purchase and install myself. Thanks, Carl
Thanks and good to see you on the forum Carl. I'm pleased with the way it installed and the nomex radiator guard held up to repeated trial fits of Replica Parts piece. I will say I'm glad I wore gloves due to the sharp edges during trimming.
JR

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
I was able to spend most of the day in the garage today and was able to apply my Eastwood XMAT heat and sound barrier on the cockpit rear bulkhead and left sidewall of the trans tunnel. I made templates from the abundance of brown paper FFR was so nice to supply ha! ha!. It went on pretty well and I'm pleased with it so far we'll see if I change my opinion once I do the footboxes.
JR IMG_0733.JPG IMG_0734.JPG IMG_0735.JPG

Reactions: phileas_fogg

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
I didn't work on my build today but a good friend came by today and he did an oil/filter change on his Mk3. He normally goes on base at Quantico MCB and use the hobby shop lift but he said they are closed due COVID-19. I have a set of Quick Jack lifts so he was able to get everything done. While he was here I couldn't help but snap some pics and do a little daydreaming.
JR

Attachments

Reactions: Toadster

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,025 Posts
Looking good JR. I am happy to see your progress. Almost time to slap a windshield on it and get driving.

Reactions: JRCuz

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Thanks Craig. I can't wait for this social distancing to go away so I can get John and Henry down to do final body fit and finish up with my front lights. Do you know if the windshield has to be mounted before I drill the holes for the wipers?
JR

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
I recently decided to go with the classic bucket seats and I borrowed from adamisadam and skidd their roll bar head rest mod. They came out pretty nice but still have final fitting and paint to do. The pads are wheelchair calf pads and the roll bar brackets are light bar brackets for off road vehicles. I made the pad mounts from 1/8" x 2" steel bar.
JR

Attachments

Reactions: phileas_fogg

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #370
Finished the roll bar headrests. All painted and installed. I guess I'll remove them before I take the body off again for hopefully final fitting.
JR

Attachments

361 - 370 of 370 Posts