Factory Five Racing Forum banner

341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Body Undercoating

I got the first coat of Duplicolor bed liner on the underside of the body with 1 more coat to go + a couple extra coats for the wheel wells. I used 2" chip brushes and it went pretty well. I stayed pretty clean and used rubber gloves. My elevated body buck is close to being fire wood.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
I got the second coat of Duplicolor Bed Armor applied today. It went alot quicker due to it being much cooler than during first round. It was about 93 during the first coat today it was around 72 and cloudy. I still have the extra coats to do in the wheel wells which I plan on doing tomorrow.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
I was able to get the parting lines on the front fenders and nose knocked down a bit today. I left them a bit high but a lot smoother than they were. The nose from above the headlight openings down to the bottom lip were very rough but look a lot better now. I'll do the cowl and from the rear of the door openings to the tail end hopefully tomorrow. Everything looks a lot better now, just wanted to tidy it up since I plan to drive it in gel coat for a year or so before I can get it to Mr. Kleiner.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
Finished up the parting lines today. As I said in the last post I'm not doing finish body work just trying to make the parting lines look OK. All the work done today was after going to H/F to exchange the D/A I got on Sat. I used it for 2-3 hrs. on Mon. and today it would not work. I guess you get what you pay for.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
A couple of friends who live close to me stopped by today. Henry brought his Mk 4 with his flip front end and Tom brought his sweet Mk 3. Makes me more motivated to get mine on the road.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Body Undercoating

I got the first coat of Duplicolor bed liner on the underside of the body with 1 more coat to go + a couple extra coats for the wheel wells. I used 2" chip brushes and it went pretty well. I stayed pretty clean and used rubber gloves. My elevated body buck is close to being fire wood.
JR

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #348 (Edited)
I did a little work on the drivers door today and it fits a lot better than before. I plan to finish it tomorrow and may work on the passenger door.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Back at it yesterday, I finished the basic trim of the drivers door and installed the latch. I had done the modifications to the latches to improve them but after installation it was not nearly as easy to operate as it was before I installed it. More work on that today and on to the passenger door and latch also.
JR

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
I got the passenger door rough trim done and door installed. Also got both latches installed and working great. I intend to drive the car for a year or so before taking it for finish body work and paint planning on Mr. Kleiner and I'll let him do the finish fitting on all panels.
JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Nice work JR.

John

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
phileas fogg came by yesterday to help me fit the body. He trimmed more off of the rear end of the trunk walls and the rear edge of the trunk floor. The body now fits a lot better. Today I was able to get the front body mounts and the overrider bolts in and tightened. Thanks to Da bats advice on how to whack the left front outrigger with a 2x4 and a 5lb sledge over about 1/2"-3/4" everything lined up pretty nice. The front of the body is anchored very nicely if only temporarily.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Great seeing you yesterday JR. Don't forget to measure from shock mount to fender lip!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Thanks for the reminder John, I went out this morning and measured and I get 15 3/4" for each side.
JR

341 - 354 of 354 Posts