Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Joe’s AP mk1 gt40 build

3K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Paul L 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, been a while since i been on. After alot of research between RCR & Active Performance I decided to go with chris at active. Im glad i did as he is a pleasure to work with. Im epecting delivery last week of july then build begins😃.
Build info
Mk1 gt40
18” halibrand wheels
Aluminum rear spoiler
Wilwood brakes
Kennedy engineering adapter kit
Porsche 997 transaxle
All aluminum shelby stamped
427w with borla stack injection from prestige
Below are some progress pics i receive from chris once a week. Expected delivery of motor is 10-12 weeks. I received my transaxle already along with other misc parts.
Tire Table Wood Vehicle Building
Wood Building Composite material Gas Engineering
Table Tool Engineering Mass production Metalworking
Building Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Asphalt
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel Vehicle
Audio equipment Output device Gadget Tints and shades Automotive exterior

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice one Buttinz. I am also in the process of building an Active Power GT40 MK1 from Chris. Chris is an amazing and very nice guy. He will help you in anyway he can with your build. Always available. Im already 1 year into my build and he still answers me quickly. You can really sense his genuine eagerness to help. Good luck with your build. I am very excited to follow your build post.

-Sammy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Thats a nice engine. FYI, the space between the front of engine where all the accessories are and GT40 firewall is very tight. I know you have the extended version. I hope it fits. Make sure you ask Chris. Good luck [emoji106][emoji256]

#16 ·
Thats a nice engine. FYI, the space between the front of engine where all the accessories are and GT40 firewall is very tight. I know you have the extended version. I hope it fits. Make sure you ask Chris. Good luck [emoji106][emoji256]

I have standard version not extended.shouldnt be an issue don’t think.
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.