Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cobra Padawan
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The saga continues...

2) Is there a special tool or method for removing the stock mustang plug from the turn signal lever assembly? I'm beginning to think hacksaw. There's just so many of those little safety catches on there I can't get enough of them pulled up at once.

3) How do the wires remove from the back of autometer gauges? It looks like you just twist the plugs and they come out, like child safety caps on aspirin bottles. Wanted to ask before I have an "oh sh!t" moment.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Cobra Padawan
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take that to mean that no one has developed anything better than a hacksaw.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,707 Posts
I think just one of those locks is enough.hack the rest of them off!

·
Cobra Padawan
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but you feel like such a dunce when you're cutting these things off and realizing the dudes down at the Ford dealership pop these things on and off all the time without breaking it. I honestly believe there's a tool they use for it. Can someone confirm or deny?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Captain not aware of any tool other then pocket screw driver for the plugs. Course I always seem to break a few of the locks reguardless. The auto meter gauges use twist locks on the bulb sockets except for the speedo,it just pushes in or pull out. Wire term were push on spades on the ultra lights I used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts