Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobra Earls excellent 90 degree billet thermostat housing arrived yesterday and is a work of art. It mates beautifully to my new Jegs filler neck which has three threaded holes in it.

The closest thread I can find are 1/2" Pipe Thread for the center and 1/4" PT for those on either side of it. Problem is, I can only find a 1/2" brass plug with a square end on it (probably should put a probe in here for the fan) and steel 1/4" plugs with a socket head.

Do I need to find aluminum plugs?
Are these the right threads (the plugs are stiff 3/4 the way into the hole)

If I need to get new plugs (I would at least like them to match) - any ideas where I can source them?

Steve

·
2,746 Posts
Steve,

NPT threaded things all have a taper so they get tighter the more you turn them in. Sorry to say I don't know where you should go to get plugs that look nice. I have the same issue, I'll let you know if I come up with any sort of solution.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
10,650 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent !!! Thanks Mark and Chris - I just ordered a pack of 4 red aluminum ones for 3/8, 1/4 and 1/2". Handy to keep in the workshop and with a $10 handling charge and free shipping....
Steve

·
2,746 Posts
Thanks Mark,

I should have my own desk at Summit by now.

Chris.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
What's the link to the Jegs part you're putting on Cobra Earl's piece. I may look at changing my housing.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JEGS 53010 - JEGS Intake.....sorry, Im having problems posting the pic,
Steve

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Thanks. I just ordered Cobra Earl's adapter. Now to go order the other stuff.

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
That's a good looking part. Pretty much what I'm looking to go with. Thanks for the p/n.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both the Jegs part and Earls are beautiful pieces. Make sure to order the gasket from Earl and an extra one for the Jegs part - it comes in two sections. I cant wait to put mine on and get rid of the stupid Moroso filler and two piece rubber hose. You may also wnt to order a nice billet filler cap to go with it...
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.