Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4.6 Terminator Trailblazer
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over to Jeff King's today to check out his MK III in a black gelcoat. It looks great, I'm looking forward to turning a few wrenched on it someday. Anyway, here are the pics from our visit, enjoy:

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
So they went to white at the first. We had problems reported. Now they are in black. Is there any relation with the "flawed" bodies and the white gel? Are the black bodies from newer molds or did they just change the gel coat for some other reason? Sorry if this info was posted elsewhere.

·
Arruminum
3,691 Posts
Also,

Can you just buff out the mold lines and have it look fair to middlin or are they pretty ugly that way?

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Looks good!

from what I've heard they actually tried Black bodies first, did not work out, then came the white bodies and now they are doing black ones again.
they should just keep them in the middle... GREY !!

what options did he get with his MKIII, and what powertrain>?

SERGIO
---------------------
"Project SuperCobra" underway....
2003 SVT Cobra Donor with only 5K miles

·
Senior Charter Member
1,110 Posts
Maybe they should just offer your choice of gel coat

What's the deal with these FFR numbers? I thought we were well into the 5K's.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi folks,
According to Nate Johnson and Mark Dougherty from FFR, the gel coat was changed to black to make it easier to see where the body work was needed. The body is very nice, has a couple of small imperfections, nothing difficult to repair. The number is just the chassis number. My kit number will start with a different number.
No, you could not just grind down the seams and polish the gel coat. It is not that nice. The only car I know of to offer that is the A & C.
Sergio, my tag line pretty much tells what options & drivetrain I went with.
It was fun having Joe & Amy over. Thanks for putting the pictures up, Joe.
Made the body buck yesterday, car is gonna come apart soon. :D

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.