Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jason from Louisiana. Looking to buy.

Hey there. I live in Louisiana and I am currently looking for a FF Roadster. I am looking for a complete roadster as I do not have time to build one. Plus I already have to many projects on the go.

Anyways, I am looking for a newer car with low miles. Must be Ford powered.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I probably should have mentioned I would prefer a new car with a IRS. I don't particularly want a donor car. IMHO I think I will be looking in the $35-40k range for a car with my requirements.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just thought I would update this thread. I ended up buying a Mk III from the classifieds here. We flew out to California last week, made the deal and drove it back to 2200 miles to Louisiana. I'm sure glad it was a good as it looked. I love the ride of the IRS and it drives so nice. Just like a new car but way cooler.

You will probably see more of me around now.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/18-fac...264538-ffr-mkiii-orange-w-silver-stripes.html

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice¡. I like the color. Give us more details. What part of LA are you from.

We live in Lafayette, Louisiana. The fellow we bought the car from is a member here but I don't think he posts much any more. The car is a MkIII built in 07. It has a 2004 Mach 1 4.6 DOHC motor, 5 spd, IRS. Both my wife and I love the car. We have other hotrods and this one rides and drives like a newer car but looks cool doing it.

I have almost every car I have ever owned so have accumulated a few cars over the last 25 years. We also have a Total Performance 23 Tbucket we bought about 6 years ago that I got to endure the registration process with. I find buying complete cars is much nicer than project cars after that experience. lol. I have a 56 Ford 2dr sedan and a 64 Falcon Sprint as well. They are all low dollar cars compared to the Roadster.

Back in the 90's when I was in college I worked at a place called Guyon Racing in Calgary Alberta. They made their own Cobra replicas. They had their own mold off of an original car, the frame was based on the original design. This was the one and only time I ever got to drive a cobra and always wanted one since. My wife really wanted a roadster as well. I have found the best way to get a new hotrod is pick one your wife likes. The budget seems to be much higher if that is the case. :winkiss:

As far as this car goes, the color is Molten Magma Candy Orange. After our 2250 mile drive last week I have found the first few things I need to change. The mirrors are useless IMO. I also need to do a trunk mod for some more room. There is a couple amps and a sub in the trunk which I will probably swap out to a single 5 channel amp and hopefully move the sub to a smaller area.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My cars in Oakdale, La with family taking care of it. I'm working in China right now. We'll have to get together for a cruise sometime. Enjoy!
That would be cool. I have a friend with a roadster in Crowley as well. There is a couple others around town but I don't know the owners.

·
Registered
268 Posts
In Louisiana also

Hey Im at Fort Polk and building one right now. Anyone around want to take a road trip up here to hang out and chat? Or I can try to come to you???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Duffy's Saturday

We were the pearl white FFR 3.1 next to ya'll at Duffy's Saturday night. We were out joy riding when we remembered about Duffy's 2nd-Sat of each month and stopped. Didn't want to stay long with the rain moving our direction. With that, that's why we got out early. Cobra weather is getting about right and perfect timing for your new rod. We've been on the road for a little over a year and have some wonderful experiences. So far we've run into no less than 6-other owners of the 65 cobra-replica's and yours being to 3ed FFR. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We were the pearl white FFR 3.1 next to ya'll at Duffy's Saturday night. We were out joy riding when we remembered about Duffy's 2nd-Sat of each. onth and stopped. Didn't want to stay long with the rain moving our direction. With that, that's why we got out early. Cobra weather is getting about right and perfect timing for your new rod. We've been on the road for a little over a year and have some wonderful experiences. So far we've run into no less than 6-other owners of the 65 cobra-replica's and yours being to 3ed FFR. Welcome aboard.

My wife and daughter were at Duffys while I was at work. She mentioned a white car there so it's funny you are here a day later. Did you see Mike there with his blue one? It's a B&B or something. I haven't seen it yet myself. There is another one just up the road I have a couple times over the last 10 years.

What I have found here is that there sre lots of cars in general that people never drive then you have the hard core guys that drive to every show.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Im at Fort Polk and building one right now. Anyone around want to take a road trip up here to hang out and chat? Or I can try to come to you???
That would be a cool cruise one day. When is going to be the question. My daughter is getting married next month and I work quite a bit so timing might be tough in the next couple months. We will have to stay in touch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.