Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
FFR Master Procrastinator
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I was getting ready to throw on my j tubes when I realized that I have one with the wrong flange- I'm not sure what its for, but I'm guessing its for a <93. It wont fit on my 94.

I need the top j tube.
Im going to send the bottom one back for the right one. However, I read that there are 2 different length j tubes. I wasnt sure what side I needed-or what side I have for that matter.
Any idea on what side j tube I have? Again, I need the top one, and will be sending the bottom one back for a replacement. Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
I believe the longer J-pipe goes on the driver's side. Since you'll be out of commission until Factory Five sends you a replacement anyway, I'd send both of your back to them, and have them send you a good matched set.

Also, I find it interesting that your top J-pipe has two bungs for (presumably) two oxygen sensors. Is that something that's different in later years? I thought all the 87-93 cars have just one oxygen sensor per side. Perhaps later years have two on each side.

·
2,990 Posts
Those look like the J pipes for a 4.6. The 4.6 has 4 O2 sensors. I agree with gbranham I would send both J pipes back to FFR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts