Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size bolt, 3/8 or 5/16 stainless or not
when connecting j=pipe to side pipe, and how much lower than the bottom edge of the body should the bottom of the side pipe be, and
one last question, when i got this car, it had and still has a 9 qt pan, it hangs below the frame about 2", thinking about putting a stock pan on, is there any reason i would not be able to change oil pans with the engine in the car, seems to be nothing in the way, but was concerned with how the pick up might be inside,
i never removed one before on a 302
thanks

·
Charter Member
117 Posts
3/8 I just took mine off and they were cap screws, (allen) think you need the round head to work however cap screws, regular cap screws, were never intended to be in the elements they will rust overnight, cap screws are available in plated and SS, Im not sure the rating of plated cap screws, black type cap screws are I believe rated grade 8 I think the SS ones are a grade 5, for what you are talking about SS is the way to go, I am going to use SS.

I have a stock pan on my 302 and the plug hangs below the frame, when I change mine I will go to a, I think they are available, single sump and I am going to watch the pan height.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts