Registered
1,503 Posts
Check out Mazda soul red. Nice darker red metallic

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 · (Edited)
Some progress is better than no progress. Just sanded down waiting for body work.

The car 2 ahead of me is ready for prime and paint. My friends car ahead needs the hood scoop cut amd installed and taken apart. But pretty much ready.

Hopefully won't be long. I plan on going to see it after the body work is done. Not sure what to look for but we will see. It will be a month at the end of the week.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Vehicle Wheel Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire
Motor vehicle Vehicle Fender Automotive design Wood
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood

Jason

·
Registered
278 Posts
Make sure all the gaps and lines are correct and even...doors...hood...trunk lid. If you can, open and close all of the above to make sure they are secure and fit as they should. I'm sure they will be. Keep us posted. Exciting times, but all good things come to those who wait. I waited three years for mine, but in the end it was worth it. Good luck. As an aside, the wife kept asking when is the car coming back? "My dear, you don't understand, perfection takes time."
But, as a good friend always told me, don't let the pursuit of perfection ruin a good thing. Bide your time, let them do their work, and don't be a pain in their you know what!!

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
Make sure all the gaps and lines are correct and even...doors...hood...trunk lid. If you can, open and close all of the above to make sure they are secure and fit as they should. I'm sure they will be. Keep us posted. Exciting times, but all good things come to those who wait. I waited three years for mine, but in the end it was worth it. Good luck. As an aside, the wife kept asking when is the car coming back? "My dear, you don't understand, perfection takes time."
But, as a good friend always told me, don't let the pursuit of perfection ruin a good thing. Bide your time, let them do their work, and don't be a pain in their you know what!!
Thanks for the advise. I will definitely use it. Especially when I go back down after the body work done. Thank you
Even the pain in the you know what lol. I get carried away forsure. Reel it back a bit.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Great to see your car getting some pink dust treatment. I took mine out today for a cruise. Feels/sounds great.

Reactions: jhargrove

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
Some samples super similar
Lighter is Ford Candy Apple Red from the 80s
Darker is the Ford Vermillion E4

Waiting for some metallics. I was set on solids (after I found out the Ford code RZ was tricoat and super expensive) but thinking I should look at a metallic. Murrill making me a 2 stage metallic Ford code RZ red (like Pauls coupe) chip to make sure.

At this point the Ford Vermillion is everything I want. Ford bright white (he had them listed as HP white which I'm guess stands for high performance)

Sorry I did the best I could to show the difference but the candy apple is lighter more white or pink or something in it. Vermillion is richer darker true.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Rectangle Product Textile Sleeve Font

Attachments

421 - 429 of 429 Posts