Factory Five Racing Forum banner
381 - 400 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Welcome home! Almost didn't recognize your car without the cloud of smoke surrounding it :) LOL.
Can't wait to see you get it back on the road.
Have all the leaks been sorted out?

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
I have put way over 100 miles in a couple days. I already feel so comfortable in the build. So awesome!

Last night coming home from work, it was perfect weather, perfect experience! Best experience!

It's hard to sit in the house when it out there just waiting to be driven.

Can't wait until the next time!

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #388 ·
I hit the 1000 mile marker on the build today!

I best estimates is I'm getting about 10 miles to a gallon of gas that sound about right to you guys? And I haven't even really put my foot on it either.

Jason

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Seems a bit low for MPG. Is your carb appropriately tuned? Maybe pull the plugs to see if you're running to rich.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Wow. She looks and sounds amazing, Jason! I can’t wait to get to that stage. I’d love to make the trip out there one of these days to see your beautiful machines. Maybe I’ll make next years London show

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 ·
Make sure the choke(s) are still locked out.
2-4s without progressive linkage will use a little more gas.
It is progressive. I will make sure the one is still locked. Thank you. I was expecting low gas mileage. I just want to throw it out there just in case. I will investigate when I get make home from vacation.

Thank you

Jason

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
nice jason. I thought of having "HISSTRS" as a plate idea too.

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #397 · (Edited)
Update

Last Thursday my DS side pipe cracked in half where they stretch it. Appeartly FFR got a bad batch and I got at least one.

No prob, emailed FFR because they are not answering the phones and they are going to send a new no questions asked.

In the mean time I had the broken one welded up. No prob pretty cheap works perfect. Not pretty but functional.

Burnt the hell out of my leg the other day too so I installed my Drummer Mike heat shields. Plus they cover the weld up.

Jason

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
Today I took the build for a custom tune. He decided that it was already tuned well except maybe he would change out the 2 front jets and go 4 sizes lower. He said this may get 5 to 10 more hp but the big things is to lower the fuel to air mixture it's a little rich and level out the drop off after peak performance. He did not have to right jets on hand. He only charged me a little bit for his time.

He put it on a no load Dyno and gave me some numbers.

To the Rear wheels
357 hp @ 5700 rpm @ 118 mph said he got it up to 130 mp. He said no reason to go over 6000 rpm

To the Fly Wheel about
421 hp
428 torque

Rectangle Product Slope Plot Font

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #399 · (Edited)
Big Day!

Trailered the Cobra down to Murrills Classic Dreams for body and paint Southwest of St Louis.

Awesome people very kind!

Can't wait he said about 3 months

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Great news Jason. Can’t wait to see it with some color!

Reactions: jhargrove
381 - 400 of 429 Posts