Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day 1 Delivery Day

3 - 8 - 19

Today was the day! Everything almost went smoothly. My chassis dolly broke. I have it on jacks. I plan on beefing of the dolly and giving it another go. I like the idea of being able to move it.

My engine was not complete but I only have to put on serpentine kit.

Inventory and body removal is my next two goals.

The rack I made to hang the body will need to be moved. Besides that I'm ready.

It seems most of my kit came except box 12 which is the header assembly. However I'm not exactly sure about the rest of this paper work to see if other stuff is missing. A little confusing for now but I will slow my roll and figure it out.

Here are some pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Congrats! Great fun ahead. On the inventory take your time and as boring as it seems count everything you'll be glad you did.
JR

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats Jason today was my first REAL work day after inventory. Gotta say the inventory wasnt as bad as I thought . They were really good at orginizing and bagging

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats Jason today was my first REAL work day after inventory. Gotta say the inventory wasnt as bad as I thought . They were really good at orginizing and bagging[/QUOTE

Awesome! Fun fun fun.

I did box 1 since I opened it to get the instructions out. Some of the stuff was confusing trying to sort each bolt. I assume if they put the bolt/hardware kit. It is probably all there and if not well they describe it I will just go get one. Lol. IDK I know me I will look at all the nuts and bolts.

·
3,497 Posts
Congrats on your delivery! Now get to work... London is in June! 😉

·
3,497 Posts
Jason, You’re going to love and not love so much ( hate is such a strong word) the whole process. If you need a bit of help you can contact me. I won’t have all the answers, but I’ve got almost 60k on the clock and the girl is still going strong!
Have fun!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jason, You’re going to love and not love so much ( hate is such a strong word) the whole process. If you need a bit of help you can contact me. I won’t have all the answers, but I’ve got almost 60k on the clock and the girl is still going strong!
Have fun!
Awesome. Thank you. I bet you remember mile one just as much as the last. I can't wait.

My engine I built from the block up, that will be a big day in itself when that starts up for the first time. To me I think the engine build was super hard. I like the idea of the car build, the work may be more but it's all laid out in front on me properly. Way less stressful than the engine build.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Day 2 Inventory

3 - 9 -19

I happened to have the weekend off, therefore I was able to work a good percentage of the day on inventory. After I went to Autorama/world of wheels got home around 3 and took a small break. I worked the rest of the night on inventory about 5 hours.

I mostly completed. I put my hands on on every part and or assembly or bag o' parts. It was confusing at first. So confusing I will have to redo box 1 - 5. Some of the part I just did not know and through process of elimination I figured it out.

However, 1 - 5 had a bunch missing. I think that was my error. Forsure the badging was not in there. IDK I will redo it. The rest of the 26 boxes plus tires wheels and hardware were perfect.

They sent quick jack's that were not chrome or polished.

Tomorrow body removal and panels.

Jason

·
Registered
5,782 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jason you should find the POL or backorder list. What I did was check each bag and box and then crosswalk what they said on the POL and I found. Other than the gauges being in Metric and a couple of screws they were spot on I emailes Dave and he got right back to me with the adjustments . So far so good

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup. Not exactly happy with the position and height but it will do. It's close to my head but there still a little room. I just dont want any accidents, chips.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts