Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, It really is here, pics to prove it!!
Yes, It really is my birthday today!!
And, yes, that really is snow on the ground!! It was snowing pretty hard when Randy arrived, but slacked off so we could get unloaded.

My son came to help.

The new home, not quite finished yet.

And my beautiful wife/build partner with all the support I could ever ask for!!

Brian (Fall City) & Mike (Auburn) showed to lend their assistance and build advice.

Now I've got more work to do on the shop, then I can get started on the really important project.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Doug,

Happy Birthday and congratulations!! I think I am the only one in the free world that does not have that BF Goodrich banner!! I just picked mine up a couple of weeks ago so I know how you feel. Have a blast on your build!

-Jon A.

·
Senior Charter Member
568 Posts
Doug, Nice driveway, you can work on your eighth mile times when you get to the go kart stage. Congratulations and happy birthday. Joe

·
2010 FFCars Graduate
3,032 Posts
Congrats on the delivery and the birthday.
On the same day! That's too cool. :D
Nice shop too. Now get busy!
Jon A. - No banner here either. You are not alone. :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
it sure is exciting to see that truck in your driveway.

wow it looks cold there.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Doug, congratulations! It's MY birthday too, and I'm raising a glass of Guiness in your honor right now, just before getting another piece of cake. Good luck with your build. Pity about all that white stuff laying around, and the heavy clothes...!

PS: What's up with the U-Haul and grocery boxes...do ya think FFR ran out of logo'd cardboard? No matter, as long as the parts are inside. I'd hate to see you stuck with a bunch of Spam and cans of beans or laundry detergent or something from a cargo mixup!

·
Charter Member
248 Posts
happy b-day and welcome to the fun!

·
Charter Member
729 Posts
Doug,

Congrats, and Happy Birthday! I can't wait 'till mine arrives. I know how much you have been anticipating this day.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Happy Birthday Doug!!! Good for you. Enjoy the build & the time spent with your "Build Partner".
Andrew

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,767 Posts
Congrats....now close those doors, crank up the heat and start wrenching and riveting !!!
Steve

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats. Enjoy the ride. You will get all the help you need right here.

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the uhaul boxes because I ended up buying this kit from a guy in Tx. He had it for 4 years and never started on it.

He and the driver, Randy, boxed it all up. He took it out for the inventory, got a couple of panels riveted, and lost interest.

Great deal for me. I had a MKIII on deposit with FF5, but this was just too good to pass. He already picked up the pumpkin, spindles etc for the IRS. Fuel safe tank, leather seats and some other upgrades.

[ November 26, 2006, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Stinson Pilot ]

·
Junior Charter Member
3,131 Posts
Great Birthday Present! Congrats! (I don't have a banner either). Pete

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
sweet !

congrats !

and remember that if you want 315 tires (or maybe 335s) out in the back you are going to need to modify that MKII frame !

keep us posted !

SERGIO
---------------------
Ongoing Projects:
"SuperCobra" - 1st of its kind
"Double Displacement" - '03 GT into '87 Stang

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Originally posted by Kouros:
Since when did they (Fiber Glass body) get blue?

Congrats...great winter project.

-K
it's a MKII not a MKIII
and the body is grey not Blue

;)

SERGIO
---------------------
Ongoing Projects:
"SuperCobra" - 1st of its kind
"Double Displacement" - '03 GT into '87 Stang

·
644 Posts
Congrats and HFB!

...no banner here either.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Congrats Doug! That's gotta feel great to finally have it in the shop. You probably didn't notice the snow or the cold while unloading the Cobra.

Welcome to the family; keep us posted on your progress...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.