Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some quick pics of my chevy powered build. Dont know if you guys will like the big rim tire combo. But I think bigger is better(sometimes).
Motor is a 540C.U. big blockchevy,TKO 600trans, fab9 rear end,20x10 and 20x15 Bonspeed custom billet rims carved to look like Halibrands. Brakes are 07 corvette ZO6 14.1 front 13.5 rear with 6 and 4 piston calipers, .75rear and .875 front sway bars. SAI mod i did myself using pin drive holes on the frame to pull the spindles in and large backspacing on the wheels to help improve scrub radius. Rear suspension is a combo of FFparts and my fabrication to allow the 18in. wide tires to fit. The fuil cell is a 17.5 gallon unit I fabbed with a mount built in for the fuil pump, filter and regulator. Radiator is a 2 core 1.25 in. tube aluminum unit I modified to fit. Once I get the body on ill get more pics to see if you guys(and myself) will like the look of the big wheels.CHEERS Earl!!

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Nice.

Where's the rest of the frame in the back?

·
near graduate!
575 Posts
holy guacemole! That's pretty fricken impressive!

·
Speed-crazed and Confused
2,357 Posts
Please tell me that is a buffered fuel bladder hanging out in the back like that. I would hate to see a fuel fire from a mild rear end accident. I noticed that most of the frame protection is gone.

Otherwise, I think thats gonna be one mean looking and sounding snake that can back up the hiss with a bite!

·
Junior Charter Member
831 Posts
Wow, wheels are impressive. How much mod will need to be done to the body? Looks like the miniature Dub 427 Cobra that I have on my desk! Look forward to seeing completion.

·
Premium Member
4,627 Posts
Hoofas body will go good with that frame.
That is the best motor you could go with! :D
Keep us updated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be puting more frame around the fuel cell to protect it from impact, and i am going to try to keep the driver side rollbar if I can get the outboard mount to work.I will post pics more often now that I know how.

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
incredible job! Nice fab work.

·
1,672 Posts
Fantastic job - the rear end looks custom too ?

The rims are amazing - are they really $2k plus each ?

Charlie

·
Banned
249 Posts
is that a currie rearend?

·
2,860 Posts
You guys are amazing...just when you think you've seen it all.
KEEP THE PIC's coming. Great job. Looks like you might have done something like this before. Do you think?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,359 Posts
So what size tires are they anyway - 335s?

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Earl,

That thing is absolutely amazing. Make sure and stop over on the 'Chevy and other than Ford' forum and add your information to our list!

What are you hoping for hp?

R :D

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
So, do we think that a FFR could own the 0-100-0 record?

There might be enough tire on that thing!

R :D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.