Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Traveler
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing my usual morning drive in to the office and you see people doing all kinds of "dumb" stuff while they are driving....talking on a cell phone has gotten kind of normal!
- reading the newspaper
- shaving
- putting makeup on

Well under the makeup category this morning, bumper to bumper, I'm idling listening to the radio (off my cell phone with the ear phone). I am enjoying the cool air in my cobra. The usual SUV is next to me - (arkansas is a MAJOR suv place!). I notice this lady putting her makeup on. So I'm kind of watching trying not to stare. She must not have heard me idling as all her windows were up BUT when the traffic suddenly started to move I stepped on it. The sound level jumped considerably. The noise must have startled her.... as the last look I had of her was the red lipstick smear on the side of her face going up to her ear!!! OOPS!!!!
That is going to leave a mark!!! :D :D

Get your cars done and get out on the road... adventures are to be had on the road!

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is quite hilarious. I think you should aim for those with sandwiches next, make them have a mayonnaise covered piece of lettuce land on their lap... ;)

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Ralph,
you are a true inspiration to all builds in progress! cool story.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I like the respect parked cars have for the Cobra.
Each parked car toot's their car alarm to announce your arrival. I call it, their salute to a superior machine. ;) .......

Honk - Honk - Beep Beep Beep

·
FFCobra Fanatic
402 Posts
Hey Ralph.

That's hilarious. Do you mind if I post the story on my website?

James

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,735 Posts
New definition of a nice ride, one that barks attention and gets it.

Keep rackin up those miles, we are routin for you.

Rick

·
The Traveler
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
James

Not a problem... post it where ever you want.
With all the miles I have picked up a lot of "adventures" along the way!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ralph,
As an aside to your story, I thought you'd like to know that "On the Road with the Traveler" is finished. I think you'll like it. Watch for it on the new FFR DVD due out soon.

Jim

·
The Traveler
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Outstanding! Now I'll have to call them to get a copy of it!!!

For those that do not know.... Jim Colman traveled with Earl and I when we all drove out to the FFR Owners Group event at Vegas... of course Camera MAN Jim was constantly poking a camera in my face all the way out. I was not aware that JAMES was doing this as he knew I was getting an award at the event and it was to be part of a video he wanted to do for FFR.

We looked like a throw back to the old Route 66 TV show, with our bags tied to the top of the trunk of my car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts