Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know, I'm nuts...I have a whole bunch of witnesses to that fact.

I'll warm up the motor in my truck and pull that in next to the roadster, that's good for a bit of warmth. I'll turn on the halogens, they're always good for a few degrees. I'll drink a few St. Pauli Girls, they always warm me up too. :cool:

I'll try not to hurt myself, freeze any fingers off, or operate any major power tools with which I could send myself to the emergency room.

Cujo, if you're reading this, we're still on for a build day soon, just grabbing an opportunity to take my usual three steps forward/two back.

AJ

·
3,211 Posts
AJ - You've got more guts than me pal. I stuck my nose outside long enough to go grab some subs (oops, that's grinders to you guys, right?) and promptly returned to the nice warm house. The thought of lying on that cold unheated garage floor while I installed the tail and head lights was just too much for me to bear!

·
Junior Charter Member
582 Posts
AJ, no problemo, I'm ready whenever you are. Except I'd prefer the temps a little higher!!!

Shep, actually in Northern NJ we call them subs or heros. Grinders are more of a Philly/Southern NJ thing.

·
2,203 Posts
AJ,

You're an animal! You make me feel like a wimp for not wanting to go out into my 45 degree garage!

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
Just came back in the house, got the sending unit all sorted out on the fuel cell finally.

AJ, go to Home Depot and buy one of the propane torpedo heaters. 30 minutes and the garage is up to around 60 degrees. I used 2 tanks all last winter. Oh yeah, grab a carbon monoxide detector while you are at it, can't be too careful...

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
One good point: Blood flows slower in the extreme cold.

Time to fire up another power tool....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Saw guy today that has to take the cake. This morning while going to work saw I guy on a motorcycle. The wind chill was -40C for crying out loud.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
my garage was 50 degrees so I cranked up my ceramic heater and 2 halogans, got it up to 57 degrees, finished all my body work.
I was even sweating!!!
hopefully primer this weekend

·
3,645 Posts
It won't be long though guys and we'll be tearing up the streets, another 8 weeks and the worst is over!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey AJ,
If you and Matt are looking to build something, come to my house. My garage is a balmy 70 degrees.
Jeff

·
5,042 Posts
AJ, I feel your pain. I just completed the work for my Miata project last night. I managed to keep the garage in the 30's but it was 8 degrees outside. But who cares, my newly installed engine purrs like a kitten

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,732 Posts
While I haven't started on my car yet I decided to get the garage up to snuff first and one of the 1st things I replaced was my 30000 btu heater and insulated the place
The best was i bought and paid for a 75000btu heater on Ebay they sent 125000 btu heater with a built in thermostat.
can you say 0 to 70 in 15 min?
I have set so it never freezes
At least SOMETHING goes right!!!
johno

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
AJ: One of these years I will put a gas heater in the garage but until then my trusty Carhartt's will have to do. It's amazing how warm these winter Carhartt's keep me. I also throw on my Sorel's to keep the toes warm. I was out last weekend - also around 0 degrees .....making sheet metal patterns... felt pretty good actually

·
4,703 Posts
There will come a day when the sun is hot. The air smells like spring and the car is ready to drive.
And then you shall reap the rewards for your hard work!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts