Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the coupe up today, into a friends heated garage there to sit covered until the middle of April. Boy I always feel sad on this day but none to soon though as 2-4 inches of snow due tomorrow night. The worst part of that is they salt the roads. So the snow, it will melt but the salt -- no thank you. The same routine, fuel stablizer, disconnect the battery and last, put 45 lbs of air in the tires--------I am looking forward to April.
Roy

·
Junior Charter Member
621 Posts
Getting close here, we might have 2 to 3 more weekends but your right, once the salt is out its over.
Chris

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yup, that time of year indeed. We've had snow on the ground for 3 weeks already. Wonder if I can get 335 winter tires? :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Roy: It's a bummer!! Had to cancel a trip to my final Auto-X of the season because of Sandy, it rained here for 5 days almost 20 hrs. a day. I made some changes to my Coupe suggest by Mark Dougherty but now I'll have to wait till next year to try them out. My Coupe is tucked away for the winter, wish my shop was heated year round. You guys that live in different parts of the country need to experience the challenges of "seasonal changes" like loss of power due to wind storms, or 10" of snow in your drive way, it adds variety to your life.
CB

·
Sno B Gone!
3,183 Posts
Daily highs here are about 25f. I could drive as there is no snow on the ground. We're due some snow this week, but if not, I may go out again just to say I did it...

·
Junior Charter Member
249 Posts
The weather here is still good so far, sunny, 75 w 35% humidity, no wind, going to put some base coat on the coupe tomorrow and some clear if all goes well.
Snow? 2-4 inches, its only November.
JW

·
Junior Charter Member
249 Posts
Oops, big mistake on my part.
Humidity & temp is good today but OMG the wind. I've got the homemade/garage booth taped down to the floor and still got dust inside. I've blown off the car/wiped the car and still have dust. I think I'll let the fans run till late tonight and paint tomorrow?
JW

·
Registered
342 Posts
I appreciate the change

This time of year (having previously worked outside in WI 12 Months of the year), is an excellent time to work on projects. Something about raking leaves, prepping the daily drivers, dusting off the snowblower, and organizing the garage is instinctual and invigorating to the man that lives with 4 seasons.

It is a pleasure to work in my unheated 40-50 degree (though attached and insulated) garage until the first snow fall - usually the first week in December. Then its a hassle with a garage shared with autos that are subjected to wet snow and salt and its not so fun when its 20 degrees or less.

Can't wait to get back in the garage to work on my Coupe - time is wasting!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wish I had a friend with a HEATED garage that would store my car for the winter!!!

As I started the furnace in the shop over a month ago and have been installing snow tires steady for the last 2 weeks.:(

I know I could move south but have most of my family living right here in the cold state of Maine.
Guess I just have to enjoy giving the Coupe a break for 5 or 6 months......
Regards,
Mark

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Dang, we had to start talking about winter coming...last week it hit the high eighties last week and last night it got down to 37...I had to pull the shop heater out this morning to take the chill off the garage. Don't have to use it too often but it sure comes in handy sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.