Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WooHoo! It runs, it moves, it turns, it even stops!
First fire was last Fri. but there were a couple gremlins to take care of and 4888 finally made way under it's own power this morning. Did a few test laps of the back yard to make sure nothing fell off and that the brakes were working and then a short 1st gear squirt up the street.
Man these things should be illegal! :D

Had to grind a bit off the lower (stock) A-ams because they rubbed and I just went out and bought some O2 bungs so I can hook them up but wow, what a blast!

Thanks again to the AZ folks who've helped me get her to this point.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
Congratulations that silly grin on your face will be there every time you start it up, now get back to work.

·
6,654 Posts
Congrats! It's one of the best parts of the build (so far) :D :beer:

-R

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,594 Posts
Cool day and fun to share. Congrats!!

Any pics or video?

Paul

·
Non-Traditionalist (I'm not a purist, just look at
3,008 Posts
Mike,
we need to se a video of that beast in action!

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, thanks. ('cept fer yew Pinkish!) No pics or vids, although the guy on the hill across the street might have taken some shots for evidence, I'll ask him.

Anybody that feels like they're bogged down or overwhelmed with the build, START IT! Cures that crap immediately! :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Congrat's!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Tell me about the grinding you did on your A-arms. I have the donors and mine rub a little, too. I have the 18:1 '79 Mustang manual rack. I was going to add some spacers to stop the travel like I've seen described on the forum but I'm not sure if your solution would be easier (even though I HATE using my angle grinder!!!). How much did you have to grind off?

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Dave I'd forgotten about that! How's your's coming? I started my bodywork too.

Wolvie, I'm running the donor power rack and 8" PSEs. I just ground away the part of the A-arm that had aluminum scrapings on it. :D Didn't take much.
I'll test it again tommorrow after I put the pipes back on and see if they still hit but it looks like I have some clearance now.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Congrats Mike... a good day indeed!

·
Junior Charter Member
256 Posts
Hey Mike,
My body is in the shop and I stopped by there yesterday. They were really a lot further along than I expected for only having the body off the chassis for 3 days. I have the chassis back home and I am getting ready to insulate and carpet and do a half dozen other things in preparation for putting the body back on. Can't Wait!

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gutentag (sp?) Larry! Hope Germany's ready for Car! :D

·
1,123 Posts
Way to go!!!! Glad to hear it went so well. Now on to finishing and then the fun will begin.

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Looking good Mike. How about a Go-Cart Burn out Video? ;)

Just make sure you bolt in your seat first.

Rob.

·
1,418 Posts
Hey Pink,

He should be getting a nice cobra tattoo from wearing those shorts any time now :D
:D

But maybe not, those pretty white socks and house slippers might protect him (WHAT A GIRLYMAN) :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts