Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to leave a positive i-trader rating for two different sale/purchases, and for some reason it won't accept it. It says "deal URL is invalid".

In the past I was simply able to copy and paste the original WTB or WTS thread from this classified section, to the "original deal thread" area of the i-trader form, and it all went smoothly.

Does a member purchasing an item need to post on the original WTB thread, so I am able to use the link to the URL?
On a WTS thread I had the same issue as to an "invalid URL", although both the seller and myself posted on it..so I don't know..:001_rolleyes:

Am I missing something, or is the system out of order?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Bill, FWIW, I can only say that all of my iTrader feedbacks were done successfully just the way you mentioned. Just cut & paste deal thread.
Maybe a mod will chime in or be able to help find the solution for you.

HTH,
Will

·
Junior Charter Member
212 Posts
I just left an i-trader rating. Cut and paste URL No issues at all.

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Does a member purchasing an item need to post on the original WTB thread, so I am able to use the link to the URL?
On a WTS thread I had the same issue as to an "invalid URL", although both the seller and myself posted on it..so I don't know..:001_rolleyes:

Am I missing something, or is the system out of order?
Bill,
I've had the same issue in the past.
I think it's possible that the buyer and seller have to both have posts in the deal thread for them to accept it as valid. Don't know that for sure but it seemed to be the issue in my case.

edit: oops, guess I should have read your post more carefully.. :001_rolleyes:

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm? I am cut and pasting the thread from the top of the Google chrome page, which I think is called the address bar. Not sure exactly what other area I could find the URl
Perhaps using Chrome, there another way I should be doing it.. like perhaps if I right click on the thread itself, and use the inspect element button, to get the URL?

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Hmm? I am cut and pasting the thread from the top of the Google chrome page, which I think is called the address bar. Not sure exactly what other area I could find the URl
Perhaps using Chrome, there another way I should be doing it.. like perhaps if I right click on the thread itself, and use the inspect element button, to get the URL?
Just left an i-trader feedback this past weekend. Used Chrome (my default browser) and had no issues. Just cut and pasted the URL from the address bar. Nothing special. A least from my side, I don't think Chrome is the issue.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was on the other end of AC Bill's transaction. We were also wondering if one of us had to be the initiator of the thread for it to be valid, as my buddy JKleiner started the thread for me then Bill and I concluded the transaction. Does this sound legitimate, or is this sight biased against Canadians?:):eek:hmy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.