Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I need to replace all lights on car blinkers,tail and brake lights as I was told by technical department none of my SAE numbers are valid?smh.my lights are stamped front sae j588/222 rear sae j585/588 I don’t understand how not acceptable if they were sent with the kit.said the “J” is not valid. Parking lights need to start with “P”tail light “T” turn signal “I” stop “s”where can I buy them that use same bolt pattern?
appreciate the help
thank you

·
Junior Charter Member
2,915 Posts
They are using a list from a website that sells lights? Wow! Maybe they should do a search at SAE.

I would think that they should be looking for DOT approval. Which the FFR lenses are.

Here you go. I hope this helps. You can't see the specs unless you pay, but it shows that J number are valid.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are using a list from a website that sells lights? Wow! Maybe they should do a search at SAE.

I would think that they should be looking for DOT approval. Which the FFR lenses are.

Here you go. I hope this helps. You can't see the specs unless you pay, but it shows that J number are valid.

I know I checked Google multiple times and found they are correct. I told the guy in charge of my case and he said no the “j” is not valid. I then said I’m confused and it don’t make sense because they came with kit and I know of many cars that went through same process I am with same lights and he tells me well that’s was there cars then and this is your car now.?wtf is that.idk what to do? I’m trying yo keep my cool with him but at same time I want to speak with a supervisor because I don’t think he knows what he talking about But then that can make him be real spiteful if you know what I mean lol

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My lights are marked with the SAE STIxx DOT marking. (Kit from 2015).

Something has changed.
those prolly Are the ones I need as it’s all in one light as there saying the J is nothing. They came with new kit? I guess I should try contacting factoryfive first thing. I wonder why was changed. I need lights or #s ASAP as I’m in process now ??‍♂ Never easy with NY

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just called factory five, the lights were changed and i bought the new front ones. Problem now is the rear,Supposedly the kits no longer come with the 4 round tail lights it’s the 2 oval ones and they told me since I have an MK3 the rear section is different where lights go and Won’t match the body line?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine are round light from an older kit from 2015.

I suggest you put trailer tail lights for the inspection. Then swap back yours after. I did that for the backup light and the 3rd brake light... and the seat belt... and the bumpers...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine are round light from an older kit from 2015.

I suggest you put trailer tail lights for the inspection. Then swap back yours after. I did that for the backup light and the 3rd brake light... and the seat belt... and the bumpers...
I dont have 3rdbrake light or bumpers, they didn’t mention anything about them not being there.i bought all the new lights but agreed I will be switching back over to round ones after inspection as I don’t like the oval lights even though I bought the led ones lol.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,915 Posts
He won't accept the SAE numbers on the SAE site? But he uses a page from a retail site.

Time to see if you can talk to a supervisor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts